At only 4.4 grams sugars per slice, this is the ideal dessert to enjoy if you want a real treat on the keto diet – and it’s perfect for the gluten-intolerant too. We used a 9-in diameter (23 cm) springform cake tin, but if you can use a smaller one, your cheesecake will just be taller than ours. You could also use a rectangular tin and simply slice into squares if you wish.
The fresh lemon zested on at the end cuts through the rich, creamy cheesecake and should be done just before serving. The total time does not include the time the cheesecake should be left to cool before serving – allow at least several hours for that (we left ours overnight in the fridge).
Keto Lemon Cheesecake
For the base
- 2.5oz unsalted butter (70g) – weigh prior to melting
- 7.8oz almond flour (220g)
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 1oz SWERVE® Confectioner’s Sweetener (30g)
For the cream cheese filling
- 31.5oz full-fat cream cheese (900g)
- 6.2oz SWERVE® Confectioner’s Sweetener (175g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- juice of a quarter lemon
- Zest of two lemons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- For the base, melt the butter after weighing and add to the almond flour in a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to evenly combine the vanilla seeds and SWERVE® into the almond mixture. Press the mixture into a greased springform pan and use your fingers to press the crumb down to ensure the base is even and the mixture is firm and compacted down. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- To make the cream cheese filling, whisk the cream cheese in a clean bowl until softened, then add in the SWERVE®, vanilla, eggs and lemon juice. Whisk very well to incorporate the eggs, then pour the mixture into the baking tin on top of the cooled almond base. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes – the center should be slightly wobbly and the top starting to partially caramelize. You can also use a cake tester to ensure the cheesecake has cooked sufficiently.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Use a sharp knife to slide along the sides and separate the cheesecake from the edges of the pan. Once cooled, cover and place in the fridge to cool completely.
- After several hours (as mentioned in the headnote, we left ours overnight), remove from the fridge and release the springform clip. Carefully transfer onto your cake stand and generously zest two lemons on top of the cheesecake – then slice and enjoy!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.