Sources GMO Free USA and NaturalNews
There has been a debate raging about GMOs for a long time now.
On one side of the debate is the idea that genetic engineering is progress for humanity, and it is a natural extension of more traditional breeding techniques. The other side believes genetically modified foods are unsafe for human consumption and harmful to the environment.
Biotech companies claim that genetic modification yields more precise control over artificial selection. Studies funded by the industry consistently demonstrate safety, but only over the short term.
Nothing to worry about?
For years Monsanto, Dow, Syngenta, and other biotech based agricultural companies have told the public that we have nothing to worry about.
This will be the technology that will improve food in every conceivable way. Food will be more nutritious, more vigorous, more disease resistant, etc. There are literally thousands of studies demonstrating GMO safety.
A pattern has emerged, however
Their glowing, short-term studies are funded or performed by the industry itself.
As more and more independent scientists complete long-term studies, a very different picture has emerged about the safety of GMOs and their many other drawbacks.
When these studies are not funded by industry, the results show us an uncontrollable, uncontainable, and dangerous technology with serious health hazards.
The Research That Broke New Ground
One of the first studies to ring the alarm was a 2-year, long-term chronic toxicity study.
Don’t believe the hype churned out by biotech that criticizes the Seralini study until you take the time to look into the defense of their methods.
The Seralini study was actually a well-designed and well-conducted study. If we are to accept the argument that Seralini’s study does not provide substantial evidence that genetically modified food is dangerous, then we must also conclude that the short-term toxicity studies funded by the agriculture industry (primarily Monsanto) on GM foods cannot prove that they are safe.
They are in fact the same type of studies, done the same way and they even used the same type of rats. The only significant difference was the duration of the study.
Seralini’s study showed how the previously 90 day studies are misleading as 90 days is not long enough to test for long term effects like organ damage, cancer, and premature death. The first tumors appeared in the rats after four months.
This study was able to distinguish the effects of GM food from GM food grown with allotted pesticides.
The results provide strong evidence supporting the claim that genetically modified food, especially genetically modified food grown with Roundup, is highly toxic and unfit for animal or human consumption.
The Overwhelming Evidence
The following studies were compiled by GMO Free USA and proves the detrimental effects of GMOs.
-Increased intestinal infections
-Weight-increase and higher incidence of mortality
-Organ pathologies in the liver, kidneys, pancreas, ovaries, testes, and adrenals
-Major issues with both the intestinal tracts and immunity of the animals tested
1. E. Abdo, et al. “Feeding Study with Bt Corn (MON810: Ajeeb YG) on Rats: Biochemical Analysis and Liver Histopathology,” Food and Nutrition Sciences, Vol. 5 No. 2, 2014, pp. 185-195.
2. Battistelli S., Baldelli B., Malatesta M. (2008), Influence of a GMO-containing diet on pancreatic acinar cells of adult mice: effects of a short-term diet reversion, “Microscopie”, 10, pp. 36-43
3. S. Battistelli, B.Citterio, B. Baldelli, C. Parlani, and M. Malatesta (2010) Histochemical and morpho-metrical study of mouse intestine epithelium after a long term diet containing genetically modified soybean Eur J Histochem. September 26;54(3): e36
4. Brasil FB, Soares LL, Faria TS, Boaventura GT, Sampaio FJ, Ramos CF.(2009) The impact of dietary organic and transgenic soy on the reproductive system of female adult rat. Anat Rec(Hoboken).292(4):587594.
5. B Cisterna, F Flach, L Vecchio, SML Barabino, S Battistelli, TE Martin, M Malatesta, M Biggiogera (2008) Can a genetically modified organism-containing diet influence embryonic development? A preliminary study on pre- implantation mouse embryos. Cisterna.Vol.52(4)
We’ve just a listed a few of the studies here. To view the full list of over 40 studies please visit GMO Free USA.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, our friend Dr. Joseph Mercola (of Mercola.com) has been working on a brand new book that directly addresses three major issues: Combating Cancer, Boosting Brain Power, and Increasing Your Energy...
Well, this new incredible book is almost available! In fact it comes out in just a few weeks and we've got a special offer when you place a pre-order:
Dr. Mercola is giving away six FREE “thank-you” gifts!
That's right -- as a special promotion, get six great gifts at NO COST when you place an order for the new book! No tricks, no shipping fees- just great information that will help you stay healthy and drop some unwanted weight with Dr Mercola's expert advice (he's been featured on CNN, Dr. Oz, Time Magazine, Forbes and many more!)
Don’t wait another minute… Pre-order your copy of Fat for Fuel and claim your free gifts right now by clicking on the link below:
Do You Still Have Perfect Vision? Or Have Trouble Reading or Writing? Or Has Merely Recognizing Someone's Face Become Difficult for You?
Traditional practices dictate that you wear glasses or contact lenses to improve your vision and get through every single day. For adults and children, I wouldn't advise using these vision correction aids because they often do more harm than good!
We've been doing a lot research on eyesight- and we found some information that will probably surprise you:
- Why eyeglasses WORSEN -- rather than improve -- vision
- Why children don't need eyeglasses
- 9 reasons why you should avoid wearing contact lenses
- The dangers of contact lens solutions and cleansers
- Why regularly wearing sunglasses may worsen your eyesight
Click below to learn more now:
Have you ever struggled with maintaining good health or normal weight?
Here's what you'll learn in this book:
- Exercise and how it can complement your diet
- Sleep and how it does wonders for wellness
- Your emotional health and how to deal with stress
- The power of sunlight and how it affects your immune system
- Vaccinations and what you should know before you decide to get them
- Personal care products and their hidden dangers
This Simple Health Guide Can Dramatically Change Your Life
You have many available options when searching for a turmeric/curcumin supplement.
Don't make the mistake many could be making by just selecting the cheapest formula without scrutinizing what's in it (and what's not).
That's why Dr. Mercola's research team helped create a fantastic curcumin formula we believe exceeds all of our stringent selection criteria.
- Utilizes advanced technology to enhance bioavailability – Only a couple percent of curcumin is typically absorbed. Curcumin Advanced uses sustained-release technology and a self-emulsifying system to ensure the curcumin is highly bioavailable.
- Is sourced from raw turmeric material containing at least 95% curcuminoids
- Delivers three curcuminoids found in turmeric – Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid (active ingredient) in turmeric. But there are also two more, demethylated curcuminoids (demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin)
- Avoids unnecessary fillers, additives, and risky excipients – It makes little sense to have questionable, unnecessary ingredients in the formula.
Curcumin Advanced can only be purchased right from Mercola.com, directly on the site and nowhere else.
Order Curcumin Advanced today to start taking advantage of everything that this extraordinary spice has to offer.