A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dr. Axe has been working on a new book on Essential Oils and he’s agreed to let us give you a copy for free.
The King’s Medicine Cabinet will show you how to take control of your health with essential oils…
- Specific recipes to help fight cold or flu symptoms, relax, heal skin conditions, alleviate pain, balance hormones, improve digestion, reduce cellulite, personal care and product recipes
- Application chart that explains how to use each oil
- And much, much more!
Get your copy of King’s Medicine Cabinet book. (Grab this today, because I’m not sure how long this offer will last!)
Are you doing everything right when it comes to your diet and still not getting the results you want?
Maybe you already:
- Eat veggie-packed omelets instead of cereals and grains
- Choose water over sugary drinks
- Cook your own meals rather than order takeout
But no matter how much you try, does it ever feels like your metabolism has slowed to a screeching halt?
It’s frustrating and discouraging. But not all hope is lost. If your dieting results have plateaued, you may only be a few tweaks away from a breakthrough.
Today, I’ll show you the top 5 metabolism ignition foods. These foods and drink can help you burn fat, shed unwanted pounds and end food cravings. And they can work wonders for your results even if you’ve tried other diets before (with less-than-stellar results).
Metabolism Ignition Foods
Here are 5 powerful foods that can light your metabolism on fire. I call these the metabolism igniters. Add these key foods to an already balanced diet to see the fastest results.
1) Coconut Oil
Contrary to popular wisdom, eating fat is NOT what makes you fat.
The truth is consuming too much sugar is the fastest way to pack on the pounds and slow down your metabolism.
On the other hand, fats — like coconut oil — can actually help you lose weight, shed body fat and keep your thyroid running smoothly. How? Well, this benefit comes from coconut oil’s high concentration of medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs).
Whereas most of the fats we consume take a long time to digest, only need 3 steps to be turned into fuel. That’s versus a 26 step process that other fats that go through!
Unlike harder-to-digest, long-chain fatty acids (LCFAs) found in plant based oils (think canola and vegetable oils), MCFAs are:
- Easier to digest
- Not readily stored as fat
- Smaller in size, allowing easier cell permeability for immediate energy
- Processed by the liver, which means that they are immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat
Because coconut oil is rich in this healthy form of fat, it truly is one of the healthiest, most natural oils you can consume. That’s why I recommend swapping out vegetable oils for coconut oil in your cooking. It’s an easy way to add another fat-burning food to your diet. This is a true case where all fats equal are not created equal
Have you ever wondered why celebrities and fitness pros love eating grapefruit for breakfast?
I’ll give you a hint: it’s not just because they love the citrus-y taste. Instead, it’s because grapefruit is famous for its natural ability to support metabolism health and promote healthy digestion. The enzymes in the fruit help your body break down sugar and boost your metabolism. For these reasons, it can be a great dietary tool to help you drop those last few pounds.
The best part: getting enough grapefruit has never been easier. Simply add a slice to your breakfast or squeeze a few drops into a glass of water or smoothie for amazing benefits to your health.
Or if you prefer, you can try smelling grapefruit essential oil.
The refreshing and cleansing smell can be a potent pick-me-up and metabolism supporter.
3) Bone Broth
I believe bone broth is the number one healing food of all time. It’s my go-to food for supporting:
- Healthy digestion
- Healthier skin, hair and nails
- Lean muscle tissue
- And most importantly, metabolism health
There’s truly nothing more powerful and nourishing than this ancient superfood.
But what is it that makes bone broth so powerful?
Bone broth is rich in the key amino acids proline, glutamine and arginine. These amino acids can help seal openings in the gut lining, support metabolism health and are great for promoting detoxification of your whole body.
Although our ancestors didn’t have the medical studies we now have to prove the benefits of bone broth, they did recognize bone broth and its amazing health benefits early on.
For as long as humans have been cooking food over fire, bone broth—the simmering stock of bones from fish, beef, chicken, turkey and other animals that are typically discarded—has been a daily part of life, celebrated by cultures around the world.
You, too, can reap the amazing health benefits of this ancient superfood. Try my brand new bone broth protein powder for a quick and easy way of getting this amazing fat-burning and healing food into your diet.
4) Apple Cider Vinegar
Deep inside your pantry, you may already have the key to losing weight and reducing sugar cravings.
No, I’m not talking about canned vegetables or beans. I’m talking about another pantry staple: apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is one of my top natural remedies. I use it every single day to support:
- Healthy digestion
- And, in some cases, just to get a quick burst of energy
Ingesting it before a meal can help you feel full longer with less food. That combination of feeling full longer and greater digestion can have tremendous benefits to your metabolism and weight loss efforts.
Bottoms up! With apple cider vinegar on your side, you can cleanse, detox, and enjoy these tremendous benefits to your health and weight.
At first glance, turmeric may seem out of place. “What’s this peppery, warm spice have to do with my metabolism?” Let me show you.
For starters, turmeric has a high antioxidant capacity. That makes it a potent immune system booster. Studies also show that turmeric can help remove free radicals from your body. This prevents cellular damage and promotes a healthy immune system. In fact, I believe it’s the number one healing herb of all time.
But more than just healing, other scientific evidence is showing that turmeric may help you burn fat.
Well, it starts in your central nervous system with thermogenesis.
Thermogenesis is how your body gives off heat and maintains your body temperature. Interestingly, the molecules in turmeric can bind to capsaicin receptors in the body and help increase your thermogenesis rate. In other words, consuming turmeric is like pouring jet fuel on your metabolic rate.
Speaking of fat burning, turmeric also enhances detoxification of the liver. When the liver—one of the body’s most important fat-burning organs—is overburdened and flooded with toxins, it can become sluggish.
Turmeric works with your body’s natural digestive and detoxification systems to “ungunk” your liver and keep it — and you — humming along.
Consume my favorite metabolism ignitor
If you’re looking for quick, easy and delicious ways to add one of my favorite metabolism boosting foods to your diet, check out my free ebook, Turmeric: The Spice with Medical, Health-Improving Power.
You’ll discover nature’s most impressive ancient healing agent…
Introducing A Game-Changer In Nutrition: Collagen
Collagen is a favorite addition to many lotions and skin creams. And I’m sure you’ve seen the transformation of people using it in plastic surgery.
But what exactly is collagen? What kind of benefits does it bring? And if start using it, how can you get more of it into your life?
For starters, collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. In fact, it’s the second most common substance making up your cells —second only to water.
Collagen is in your muscles, bones, skin and tendons. And it’s what gives your skin strength and elasticity, and helps replace dead skin cells.
It truly is the “glue” that helps hold your body together. And when you consume enough of it, it can have some tremendous benefits to your health.
Top 5 Collagen Benefits
If you’re still not convinced that you should be filling in the collagen gaps in your diet, check out these seven benefits.
- Skin and Hair
As we age, collagen production declines. That’s right. It’s happening as you read this! You’ll notice it physically first. Early signs include:
- looser skin
- more wrinkles
- And less elasticity.
But don’t worry too much (that’s bad for stress and aging, too) because you can increase collagen levels through supplementation. And when you do, it can work wonders to help your skin look firmer, increase smoothness, and help your skin cells keep renewing and repairing normally.
Is there anything worse than joint discomfort? Well you can thank a loss of collagen for those joint issues rearing their ugly head. That’s because when we lose collagen, our tendons and ligaments start moving with less ease, leading to stiffness, swollen joints and more.
Think of ingesting more collagen like greasing a creaky door hinge: It’ll help your joints move more easily, reduce joint pain and even reduce the risk of joint deterioration. (1, 2, 3). A recent study even found that collagen is an effective treatment for treating osteoarthritis and other joint disorders. (4)
- Leaky Gut
If you suffer from leaky gut syndrome, a condition where bad-for-you toxins are able to pass through your digestive tract, collagen should be at the top of your list of must haves. It can help break down proteins and soothe your gut’s lining, healing damaged cell walls and infusing it with healing amino acids. It will also help absorb water, keeping things moving freely in the digestive tract. Don’t laugh. Regular bowel movements are key to removing toxins and letting your body heal itself.
- Boosts Metabolism & Energy
Up you collagen and you can increase your metabolism. Yes, you read that right. Thanks to the glycine, found in collagen, you can pump more sugar into your body’s tissue to increase energy levels. It also helps in muscle development — and muscles burn more calories than fat.
- Strengthens Nails & Teeth
Ever had peeling and splitting nails? Well, a lack of collagen could be to blame. Collagen protein is also the building block of your fingernails and teeth as well. Adding collagen into your diet regimen can help keep your nails strong and your teeth healthy.
Getting Collagen Into Your Life
Getting collagen into your diet has never been easier.
Thanks to a recent breakthrough, my friend, Dr. Axe has discovered a way to make the benefits of collagen available to everyone. And it comes in an easy-to-consume powder form.
If you’re interested in the benefits of collagen, check what Dr. Axe has developed.
10 Delicious and Nutritious Essential Oil Recipes
Today I want to share my 10 favorite recipes that include essential oils.
Armed with these recipes, you can enjoy tremendous benefits to your health, your body, and your tastebuds.
- The Healthy Orange Crush Smoothie with a splash of Orange Essential Oil. Who doesn’t love a good green smoothie? WIth that said, it’s also important to have some variety in your diet. This smoothie delivers on all fronts. It’s packed with orange fruits and veggies that provide lots of important nutrients and antioxidants. Add in a drop of orange essential oil and you’ve got a flavorful explosion in every sip.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s time to enjoy all the Pumpkin Spice Latte flavor you love — with none of the guilt and even more benefits to your health. You’ll no longer have to wait in line at Starbucks to get your fix with this delicious treat, containing a couple drops of thieves essential oil
- Cranberry Walnut Bread. Looking for the perfect quick bread to take with you to the office, or a party? This gluten-free cranberry walnut bread gets a boost of fiber from the coconut flour, and tartness from the cranberries. Best of all, frozen cranberries can be used, so this can become one of your go-to gluten-free recipes. I like to add a few drops of grapefruit essential oil for a metabolism boosting, antioxidant-rich kick.
- Homemade Lemon Hummus. You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own hummus! I almost couldn’t until I tried this recipe. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll have a rich, healthy dip that tastes way better than the stuff that comes in a plastic tub. Add a dash of lemon essential oil for an even fresher taste.
- Quick and Easy Paleo Guacamole. It doesn’t matter if it’s Cinco de Mayo or just a casual weekend get-together. Here’s the only guacamole recipe you’ll need year-round to get your dip fix on. Brighten it up with a couple drops of lemon or orange essential oil.
- Homemade Gourmet Pico de Gallo. This fresh gourmet pico de gallo is the perfect topping for almost any dish. It’s got a peppery taste and lemony flare with none of the calorie-loaded, salt-laden guilt of other dips.
- Mint Watermelon Salad. You can’t go wrong with this delicious fresh fruit salad — it’s brimming with antioxidants and teeming with flavor and fiber. Add in peppermint essential oil for an even more refreshing and cooling bite.
- Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. St. Patties day or not, this Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream will not disappoint. It’s fresh, it’s minty, and it’s GREEN. Doctor’s orders: You have permission to indulge in this raw, vegan, healthy treat any time of the year. The peppermint essential oil is the clincher on this dish.
- Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Truffles. Be careful. Your kids are going to go gaga over these delicious (and secretly nutritious) Peppermint Chocolate Truffles. They’ll never even know there’s heart-healthy ghee, antioxidant-rich raw cacao, and fiber-dense coconut flakes inside. All they’ll know is it taste like gooey chocolatey goodness.
- Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake.Who says you can’t have cake when you’re eating Paleo? Try this healthier version of Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake. With a couple drops of lemon essential oil to brighten and freshen it up, it’s irresistible.
Note: If you’re just getting started with essential oils or looking for a high quality, organic 100% pure brand, check out NUMA.
NUMA is Dr. Axe’s brand new 100% pure, therapeutic grade, USDA certified organic essential oils.
To create these oils, he partnered with New York Times Best-selling author and founder of Garden of Life, Jordan Rubin.
And right now, you can get exclusive access to a starter kit of Dr. Axe and Jordan Rubin’s top 5 essential oils (Grab yours today, because I’m not sure how long this offer will last!)
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.