Magnesium is an essential nutrient in your diet. It is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, and play an important role in more than 300 essential metabolic reactions. This is why it’s so necessary to steer clear of a deficiency in it.
Not getting enough magnesium in your diet can result in a whole slew of health concerns, including:
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Blood clots
- Bowel diseases
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Musculoskeletal conditions (fibromyalgia, cramps, chronic back pain, etc.)
- Nerve problems
- Obstetrics and gynecology (PMS, infertility, and preeclampsia)
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Tooth decay
If you suffer from unexplained fatigue or weakness, abnormal heart rhythms or even muscle spasms and eye twitches, low levels of magnesiums may be to blame.
One of the best and easiest ways to boost levels of magnesium is by applying a magnesium-rich lotion daily. This works to replenish nutrient stores while moisturizing and softening the skin.
- Cellular detoxification
- Decreased inflammation
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
- Enhanced cognitive function
- Better bone health
- Fewer headaches and migraines
- Improved sleep
- Better heart health
- Less stress and anxiety
- Reduction in muscle aches and pains
- Anti-aging effects
- …and much more!
Transdermal magnesium therapy works by delivering minerals to the body through the skin, and has been used since the origin of mankind came to be. Science-based examples now include estrogen patches and nicotine patches. This therapy, thought old, isn’t a typical approach, however, as many people believe food and supplements are the best ways to get enough magnesium. But when it comes to magnesium, people are simply struggling to reach their daily target through diet alone, which is why it’s so important to take advantage of other methods.
Magnesium Deficiency Is Very Common
Absorption difficulties could also be of concern. Some figures claim the body only absorbs between 20 and 50 percent of the magnesium it ingests. And medications like diuretics and antibiotics can harm the healthy functioning of the kidneys, which causes them to excrete, rather than reabsorb, magnesium.
Making Your Own Magnesium Lotion
Now that you know the many benefits of using magnesium lotion, it’s time to learn how to make it for yourself:
- 1/2 cup magnesium chloride flakes and 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons emulsifying wax
- 3 tablespoons Shea butter
- 10-20 drops of essential oil of choice (optional)
- Mix the magnesium flakes with the boiling water and stir until it is completely dissolved. Allow the solution to cool.
- In a double boiler, stir the coconut oil, wax and Shea butter over medium-low heat until it is completely melted, then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the oil/wax blend and the dissolved magnesium flakes into a bowl, and slowly mix using an immersion blender.
- Leave the lotion to cool for a few hours and then mix again until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Be sure to store it in the refrigerator or other cool, dark place for up to two months.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.