Turmeric has been touted for its incredible medicinal properties for centuries, and there are many ways to incorporate it into your diet to get its health benefits. Here, we cover an easy-to-prepare Golden Paste recipe along with 7 different ways it can be used in food.
Understanding The Benefits Of Turmeric
Ancient healers relied on turmeric for its anti-inflammatory effects, which scientists are now standing behind, expressing that it can, indeed, be used to reduce pain and fever similarly to Tylenol or Ibuprofen. It can also mimic popular anti-inflammatory drugs called cox-2 inhibitors: Celecoxib and Vioxx — all without the side effects associated with them. Unlike these drugs (Vioxx being withdrawn by the FDA for safety reasons), turmeric is well-tolerated by the body.
Many scientific investigations have also found that the curcumin, the active ingredients in turmeric that gives it its golden color, can kill several types of cancer cells in the laboratory. For instance, in animals, its been able to prevent or slow cancer in the skin, breast, liver, stomach, duodenum and colon. Furthermore, curcumin also has the ability to slow new blood vessel formation in tumors, which causes asphyxiation of tumors and prevents their growth and metastases.
How Black Pepper Increases Turmeric Blood Levels
Circumin isn’t readily absorbed by the body, and once ingested, much of it gets metabolized. However, the heat in black pepper, called piperine, boosts the bioavailability of circumin by temporarily slowing down the process of the liver removing it from the blood. Research has also found that serum levels and levels of absorption of circumin also dramatically improve with the presence of piperine. In fact, one study discovered that when 2 g. of curcumin was ingested, serum levels remained very low, but when 20 mg. of piperine was added to curcumin, the bio-availability skyrocketed to 2000 percent!
How To Make Turmeric Golden Paste
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder (125 mls)
- 1 cup water (250 mls)
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper (7.5 mls)
- 1/4 cup (70 ml) cold pressed olive or unrefined coconut oil
- In a pan, add turmeric to water.
- Gently heat and stir occasionally until you get a thick paste (6-10 min).
- To adjust thickness to liking, add more water or a bit more turmeric.
- Add pepper and oil. Continue stirring until everything is mixed well.
- Allow the paste to cool.
- Bottle the paste in an air-tight jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks maximum.
How To Use Turmeric Golden Paste
1) Chase 1/4-1/2 teaspoon with water 3-4 times per day.
2) Add good quality honey to turmeric to enjoy a better taste.
3) Make golden turmeric milk by adding the paste to warm or cold milk such as almond milk or coconut milk.
4) Add a dollop to meat dishes and hot soups.
5) Incorporate into smoothies.
6) Add 1 or more teaspoons of the paste to rice just after its been cooked.
7) Make turmeric tea by adding 1/4 teaspoon turmeric golden paste to a hot cup of already-brewed tea.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.