Your adrenal glands are located near the top of your kidneys and play a major role in releasing hormones – such as adrenaline and cortisol – to help your body react to stressful situations. Many of us are not even aware of how much stress we’re under. People who constantly suffer from emotional, physical, or mental stress may experience a state of total exhaustion which is commonly known as adrenal fatigue or adrenal burnout. Although stress is the main contributor to adrenal fatigue, often it is combined with poor nutrition, too much exercise, or lack of sleep.
Watch Your Diet
Constant stress often goes hand in hand with malnutrition and depletes essential nutrients your adrenal glands need to function efficiently. Here are a few nutritional guidelines to support your adrenal glands:
- Watch your carb intake. Too much carbohydrates in your diet stress your adrenal glands.
- Make sure to get your daily need of proteins. A diet low in proteins creates deficiencies. (click here to calculate your daily protein need)
- Drink enough quality water, lemon water, or coconut water during the day to up your electrolytes.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, fried foods, sugar, and refined grains as much as possible. They put a lot of stress on your adrenal glands and don’t provide the nutrients you need.
- Allergic reactions to food – such as wheat and dairy intolerance- can reduce the absorption of nutrients.
- Eat lightly in the evening so your body can put its energy in rejuvenating and healing itself while you sleep.
- Your adrenal glands need several nutrients to work efficiently, so make sure to address deficiencies in the following nutrients: B-complex vitamins (especially B6), vitamins A, C and E, manganese, zinc, chromium, selenium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Eat at last 5 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a day.
Opt for a healthy, clean, whole food diet (for more info, click here) with lots of veggies and fruits to meet your daily need of fibers, vitamins and minerals to support your adrenal glands. If you want to learn more about a plant-based diet, click here.
How to Overcome Adrenal Fatigue
In this video, Dr. Axe is going to walk you through the steps on how to overcome adrenal fatigue.
Most fatigue problems and adrenal insufficiency come from issues with the adrenal glands. About 80% of the population deals with this common problem. There are several warning signs that you should look for that tell you, you may have adrenal fatigue.If you struggle with fatigue, are stressed, anxious, have trouble with concentration, poor memory, thyroid issues, or gained mysterious weight, you may have adrenal fatigue.
Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue:
Fatigue, lack of energy
Unexplainable weight gain
Muscle or joint pain
Difficulties to focus
Coffee, salt or sugar cravings
Adrenal fatigue often goes undiagnosed as the symptoms can be vague and similar to the symptoms of depression, thyroid issues, or fibromyalgia. If you notice these symptoms, contact your doctor for a blood pressure and salivary cortisol test to sort this out.
Natural Ways To Cure Adrenal Fatigue
Natural Ways To Cure Adrenal Fatigue: Adrenal fatigue can dramatically reduce your vigor and joy for life. Luckily there are a few lifestyle and dietary changes to treat this disorder and take back your life.It will take some time and commitment to recover though. So be patient and don’t give up. Some people may be completely healed after 6 months, but for the more severe cases it can take up to 2 years.
Avoid Toxic Metals And Chemicals: During the day your body is exposed to thousands of chemicals and toxins through medication or cosmetics, the air we breathe, food we eat or water we drink.These toxins and chemicals weaken your adrenal glands even more.So again opt for a clean, whole food diet and eliminate as much toxic products from your life as possible.
Bedtime Routine: Your body loves routine. Try to go to bed and wake at the same time every day to up your energy and support your adrenal glands.
Get Your Stress Levels Under Control: This is super important to alleviate adrenal fatigue. Studies have shown that yoga, meditation or tai chi help to lower cortisol levels and reduce stress. Deep breathing is another great way to reduces daily stress. Click here to learn 5 easy breathing techniques to calm body and mind.
Herbs That Reduce Stress And Boost Energy And Vitality: Following herbs have shown some great results to address adrenal fatigue:
Again, the most important thing to heal your adrenal glands is to get your stressors under control and eat a healthy well-balanced whole food diet.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.