Soy Lecithin has thunderously entered our food culture. You can find it in almost all processed foods. Even health stores carry products that contain soy lecithin. It’s used mostly as an emulsifier, and it pops up in everything from chocolate and salad dressings to tea bags and supplements.
What is Soy Lecithin?
Lecithin is an emulsifying substance that is found in plants and produced naturally in your body. It is used in many products to keep water and fat from separating. It helps bind ingredients together and extend the shelf life of a product. In candy bars soy lecithin is used to keep cocoa butter and chocolate together. It is usually extracted from sources such as soy beans, eggs, milk, marine sources, rapeseed, cottonseed and sunflower. The French scientist Maurice Gobley discovered lecithin in 1805. He named it “lekithos” after the Greek word for “egg yolk.”
In the early 1900’s soy lecithin was a waste product which occurred during the degumming process of soybean oil. By 1908 the manufacturing of soy bean had flourished and they could not get rid of the waste product fast enough. In Germany, soy processors, thought of ways to use the waste product which they named ’soy lecithin’. By 1939 scientists had discovered over a 1,000 ways to use soy lecithin. Soy lecithin is mostly made from soy oil, which is usually derived through a chemical process hexane.
Reasons to Avoid Soy Lecithin
- Some scientists have been claiming that soy Lecithin helps fight atherosclerosis, multiple sclerosis, dementia, liver cirrhosis, anxiety, tremors, gall stones, psoriasis, eczema. However, the biggest problem associated with soy lecithin comes from soy itself because most of the soy in the market is
- genetically modified (GM). Researchers have proven that GM foods can create potential damages to our health. GM soy contains high levels of toxicants which represent thousands of plant biochemicals and has exhibited toxic effects on animals.
- In general, soy contains isoflavonesm which mimics your hormones and leads to disruption of hormone systems in your body.
- Additionally, it also acts as goitrogens, which suppress your thyroid function, and triggers many other health problems associated with thyroid suppression. Studies have shown that soy contains toxins and plant estrogens that could disrupt women’s menstrual cycles, damage the thyroid, lower testosterone levels, stimulate the progression of breast cancer.
- Soybeans are high in phytic acid (a substance that can block the absorption of essential minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, zink in the intestinal tract).
Producers of soy lecithin use unfermented soy since it’s cheaper, but if you decide to stick to your soy products regardless, look for fermented non-GMO soy sources.
The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America’s Favorite Health Food
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.