Toxic Load can be defined as the accumulative amount of toxic chemicals affecting your body at a given time. Some refer to it as “Body Burden”. The source of these toxic chemicals that build up in our bodies are both internal and external (some toxins in our body are byproducts of natural chemical reactions and thus are unavoidable, while other toxins are man made and can be reduced but unfortunately very hard to completely eliminate in the modern world) the end result of toxic load on our body is both internal and external as well.
Toxins affect our skin, hair, organs which in turn affect our energy levels, aging and overall health. As mentioned before, toxic load is a result of both natural reactions and man made chemicals. While we can a should reduce our exposure to man made chemicals (contained in cleaning, cosmetic, clothing, processed and non-organic foods etc.) we cannot in reality completely expect these to be eliminated from our modern lives in totality. So, given the reality of that, what can we do to reduce toxic damage (Toxic Load) once we already consumed the toxin?
What are the signs of Toxic Load?
As Toxins build up in our bodies we feel fatigue, gas, bloating, headaches and joint pain. The inflammation is due to impaired liver function as the levels of toxins in our body exceed what our liver can handle. This leads to the fluid retention and bloating. In fact, if you are overweight, you are by definition Toxic. As many toxins such as pesticides and plastics are stored in fat tissue. If you are trying to loose weight, detoxing is essential as these toxins are released into your body. Failure to detox, will impede your weight loss progress.
How to Reduce Toxic Load:
- Enzymes: Enzymes help to induce biochemical reactions like metabolism and detoxification. Fresh vegetables are a great source of these enzymes, however, when overcooked these enzymes are destroyed (especially when cooked in the microwave).
- Probiotics: Our gut contains trillions of bacteria, these are called microflora. Microflora assists with digestion, helps breakdown nutrients and assists in the immune system. Maintaining essential bacteria in your gut through regular consumption of organic sources such as organic yogurt, kefir or fermented foods for example.
- Take your shoes off: Many don’t realize how many toxins we track into our homes via the bottom of our shoes. As we walk across the street, for example, our shoes pick up all the rubber residue from tires, oil that drops from cars, petroleum in asphalt and tar, pesticides and fertilizers from the ground, etc.
- Spices: Research suggests that rhizome plants, such as turmeric and ginger are especially efficacious at reducing toxins in the body.
- Essential Oils: Incorporating essential oils into your life cannot only offer a easy and affordable way to include a variety of very therapeutic compounds into your diet, they can also reduce the amount of toxic ingredients in your household by using essential oils for daily household duties such as laundry, cleaning and hygiene instead of conventional man made products.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.