Did you know that an estimated 68 to 80 percent of the United States population is deficient in the essential mineral magnesium? This deficiency is the result of agricultural practices, food preparation techniques, and dietary trends.
Most people do not realize that after oxygen, water, and basic food, magnesium may be the most important element needed by our bodies. It activates over 300 different biochemical reactions vital for your body to function properly. There are over 200 published clinical studies(3) documenting the need for magnesium. Without adequate magnesium, the body accumulates toxins and acid residues, degenerates rapidly, and ages very fast.
Important Reasons to Supplement with Magnesium
1. Magnesium protects against heart disease and heart attacks. Magnesium prevents platelet clotting, dilates blood vessels and regulates heart rhythms. It can also inhibit spasms in the arteries of the heart, which block blood flow and could result in a heart attack.
2. Magnesium supports a healthy immune system
3. Magnesium protects against diabetes
4. Magnesium prevents high blood pressure.
When researchers studied the diets of 40,000 nurses and 30,000 male health professionals, they found lower blood pressures in people who ate more magnesium.
5. Magnesium keeps bones strong.
In order for calcium to properly assimilate into the human bone structure, a proper balance of both vitamin D and magnesium is essential.
6. Magnesium regulates central nervous system. Magnesium is the premier medicine for depression, sleep disturbances, emotionally disturbed behavior, and neurological diseases because of its strong positive effect in calming and nourishing the nervous system.
7. Magnesium protects from cancer. Several studies have shown an increased cancer rate in regions with low magnesium levels in soil and drinking water, and the same for selenium.
8. Magnesium protects cells from aluminum, mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium and nickel.
Additionally reasons include: Prevent and get rid of anxiety; asthma; blood clots; constipation; depression; insomnia, tooth decay plus many other degenerative health conditions by consuming the proper amount of magnesium daily.