The best way to ensure you and your family are eating healthy, organic foods is to take control of your food chain yourself! The organic food supply in the U.S. is simply just better than the other alternatives. The organic food industry has become a multi-billion dollar industry that no doubt has its share of cheaters. Besides, if you think that organic farmers don’t use pesticides you are wrong. They do! The difference is they use mostly naturally derived pesticides as opposed to synthetic ones.
I say mostly because tragically, some synthetic products are approved for organic farming. With so much uncertainty about just how organic our organic foods are, the best way is to grow your own! Whether you grow in the ground or in containers, you will eventually be faced with the dilemma of needing a pesticide or face loosing your crop. Luckily there are safe and natural ways to fight back against unwanted garden pests.
Prevention: The best pesticide is to avoid pests to begin with
Clear away unwanted weeds and weak plants: These can be breeding grounds for garden pests. They can also attract certain pests that would otherwise not be attracted to your garden.
- Seaweed mulch or spray: Seaweed contains elements such as zinc, iron, calcium, sulfur and magnesium. All help plants grow strong and fight off disease and unwanted pests. It also repels slugs.
- Build healthy organic soil: Natural composting methods and top dressing your soil with natural fertilizers and mulch will create a healthy growing environment for your plants.
- Water in the morning: Most insects and garden pests need damp environments to breed. By watering in the morning, the foliage will be dry for most of the day as opposed to allowing it to be moist all night long.
- Inter-plant and rotate your crops: Most pests are plant specific. By inter-planting, you will discourage the spreading of disease or pests.
Make your own Pesticides:
- Garlic Spray: There is a reason garlic has been used for centuries for all types of antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral purposes, it works! This general all purpose pesticide is made by adding 5 crushed bulbs of garlic to 17 oz. of water and allowing it to sit for 6-8 hours. Then dilute with an additional gallon of water and strain into a spray bottle. Spray the tops and bottoms of leaves and foliage bi-weekly. Discontinue 2-4 weeks before harvesting vegetables or herbs as it can alter their taste.
- Salt Spray: Works especially well for Spider Mites. Simply add 2 tbs of Himalayan salt crystals to one gallon of warm water and spray onto leafs and foliage.
- Citrus Oil and Cayenne pepper: For ants, mix 10 drops of citrus essential oil with 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper and add to 1 cup of water. Spray on ants and ant trails.
- Eucalyptus oil: Add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to anywhere flies, bees or wasps are.
- Essential Oil General Pesticide: Mix 1 tsp vodka, with 10 drops of lemon essential oil, 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil and 10 drops of cedar-wood essential oil with 1 oz of water. Add to a spray bottle and its ready to repel any flying or crawling insect.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.