A detox soup takes many of the healthiest ingredients possible and puts them together in one pot. They usually involve pureeing or blending the vegetables up, or at the very least chopping them into bite-sized pieces. This makes the soup easy to digest so your body can absorb and utilize all of the nutrients more easily. The best part about these recipes is that the focus is still on taste, so you’re getting a detox dose of vitamins and minerals without having to suffer through it.
Photo: Cannella Vita
The apple cider vinegar used to give this soup its sour quality is also working to provide your body with helpful digestive flora. They say to use a mixed mushroom pack and you can do that or you can simply use mushrooms that are known for their detoxing value, like shiitake and reishi. They’ve done a good job of altering the typical hot and sour soup recipe to not only exclude meat, but also make it so that your body is getting a good dose of detoxing goodness. It’s one of those soups that you can feel good about eating, and also enjoy the way it tastes.
2. Tender and Spicy Green Soup– You simply can’t go wrong when you start off with celery as your foundation. This is one veggie that we know we should be eating more of, but that doesn’t typically find its way onto our plate. The stringiness and acquired taste of celery makes it hard to get excited about, but when you combine it with ingredients like peppers, spinach, ginger, and cumin, you are building a taste sensation, while keeping it ultra-healthy and vitamin loaded. Each ingredients seems hand-picked to either give you fiber for digestion, or to provide a cleansing effect with the spices.
3. Radish Leek Soup– Ah, the radish. This little guy doesn’t get any respect. He’s like the Rodney Dangerfield of the vegetable world. But this recipe pays him some by making it the featured ingredients. Along with leeks you’re getting a one-two punch of nutrition here. Potatoes give it the soupy consistency and texture, and the use of sea kelp rounds things off. If you don’t use a lot of radishes in your cooking you might be surprised by their subtle taste. They are known for being able to purify the blood and are a cancer fighting food to boot.
4. Lentil, Kale, and Sweet Potato Stew– One surefire way to get a detox soup, or stew in this instance, is to combine foods that are standalone superfoods. That’s just what they’ve done here. The lentils in this help to keep your digestive system moving, and the kale is an amazing food all on its own. When you add sweet potatoes you’re getting a broad nutritional spectrum and additional fiber. The overall effect is a taste sensation that will leave you feeling like you didn’t really have a detox soup, but rather a soup at a fancy restaurant.
5. Healthy Detox Soup– If you’ve got kale, you can generally make a detox soup by adding it to a soup recipe. It’s that powerful. But in this one they didn’t let it do all of the work by itself, and there are a lot of supporting vegetables in here. For example, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and leeks serve to further help the body and give you a nice spectrum of different vitamins and minerals. You’re also getting the cleansing benefits of citrus juice from a lemon, and the benefits of cracked black pepper, which also improves the taste.Photo: The Recipe Renovator
Potassium is one nutrient that is both easy to fall behind on, and easy to correct, all you have to do is eat more potassium-rich foods. This detox soup is paying extra attention to it, and has more than a few ways to get you back to good in this area. Consider kale for starters, and the 329 milligrams of potassium per cup it contains. Or the carrots that don’t trail too far behind kale. And pass on the optional avocado, as it contains more potassium than a banana, and will help the body with its healthy fat and other nutrients.
7. Kale and Lentil Soup– Even though kale and lentils get the top billing on this recipe, there are also a good assortment of other vegetables to help with the detox plan. But combining kale with lentils works on a few different levels, and is worth pointing out. If you were to eat nothing but kale you’d be working to detox your body. When you add lentils you are boosting your fiber intake so that your digestive system gets a boost. Carrots, garlic, and parsley are all known for their cleansing and nutritional benefits, and join the cast here.
8. Gerson’s Hippocrates Soup– The focus here is on organic ingredients, and that’s really important when you are trying to detox. You wouldn’t want pesticides and herbicides or GMOs interfering with the process and acting to toxify you just as fast as you’re detoxing. The use of leeks, tomatoes, and celery make it so you’re not only getting massive amounts of flavor, but you’re sticking to the plan of detoxing and not including anything that might detract from that goal. We especially like that they haven’t skimped on the details, opting for sea salt rather than table salt.
9. Broccoli and Pea Potage with Thyme– You simply can’t go wrong with broccoli, and anytime you add it to any recipe or as a side dish on your plate, you are adding a detoxing food to your menu. Here it takes center stage as each serving contains a quarter pound of broccoli. This, along with the use of lentils, provides you with a good fiber boost. The lentils also contain protein, and peripheral ingredients like peas, shallots, and green onions make this soup a strong contender for your go-to detox recipe. Potage is a french word meaning thick soup, so don’t let it throw you off.
P.S. Take a look at the 5 veggies that boost female metabolism and burn off lower belly fat.
10. Detox Green Machine Soup– Spinach gets called into the game on this recipe, and you can’t blame them for using it, as spinach is one of the most nutritious foods available. When using spinach it’s a good idea to combine it with other ingredients so that you don’t end up with a soup that tastes only like spinach. Here they’ve done a good job of mixing things up, while still maintaining detoxifying properties. The use of green beans, celery, and zucchini give this an amazing taste while providing additional vitamins and minerals. Garlic, basil, and parsley ensure you’ll really enjoy this.Photo: Mrs. Garlic Head
You might not equate a noodle soup with detoxing, but when you’re using ginger, garlic, and fennel, as well as soba noodles made out of buckwheat you have all of the pieces in place for a wonderful soup you’ll return to again and again. It also contains miso, which is a popular staple in Japan, and has been lauded for its nutritious properties. Overall, this is a very Japanese-inspired dish, and it’s even suggested to eat it Japanese style, using chopsticks to eat the noodles and then drinking the broth right from the bowl.
12. Vegetarian Stew with Quinoa– They thicken this soup into a stew with the use of chickpeas and quinoa. Quinoa gives it a heartiness that is hard to replicate using grains. It’s also a powerful superfood and has gained in popularity in recent years for all of its positive benefits. When mixed with chickpeas you’re getting a good dose of vegetable-based protein, as well as fiber. They use a jalapeno but are careful to remove the spiciest parts. There is also tomatoes, ginger, and butternut squash added to make this soup taste great, while helping to cleanse and nourish the body all at once.
13. Detox Beans & Greens Soup– Many times beans are overlooked as a detox food, because the thought is that only fruits and vegetables can detox the body. But beans have a good amount of fiber and are usually able to aid in digestion if they are cooked properly and eaten in correct portions. In this case they’re using cannellini beans, but you could substitute those with whichever beans you happen to have on hand. The other ingredients highlight the subtle flavor of the beans, while providing additional textures and tastes.
14. Pump up your Greens ‘Creamed’ Soup– The reason creamed is in quotes is because they’ve managed to produce a creamy soup without the use of any cream. The use of plenty of green vegetables, including the hydrating effects of cucumber, the nutrient-dense nature of spinach, and the healthy fat and potassium of avocado make this one a sure winner. This is a soup that you could serve to your family and they wouldn’t even know you’re helping them cleanse, aside from the fact that it looks healthy. Chili powder, lemon juice, and black pepper have you covered for spice and flavor and only spur on the detox process.
15. No-Chicken Soup– No chickens were harmed in the making of this “no chicken” soup. It’s attempting to capture the wholesome goodness of chicken soup, but without using chicken or any byproducts of chickens. This recipe is a little tricky because you have to plan ahead a few days, but the result will be worth it, and if you make enough of it to last a few days you can continue the detoxing gradually. The number of ingredients is rather simple, proving that you don’t need to overdo things as long as you get the basics right.Photo: Pastry Affair
Making your own roasted butternut squash can take a little time, but is so worth it. If you’ve ever bought pre-made butternut squash soup at the store, you know that it just doesn’t cut it, and tastes nothing like when it’s freshly prepared. When you combine it with the goodness of apples you are creating a dynamic duo that helps the body in various ways. And don’t overlook the power of the spices used. They’re combining cinnamon, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes not just for flavor but also for the cleansing effects they have.
17. Detox Green Soup– Broccoli is one of the most healthy foods you can eat, and so is spinach, and both get called to the line of duty on this recipe. Just one would be enough to get the detox job done, but when you have them both working in conjunction with each other, it’s almost too much of a good thing. Since some struggle with the thought of having to eat either broccoli or spinach, don’t fret: there is parsley, garlic, and onions to help with the taste and also to add bonus nutrients, as if it needed any.
18. Cleansing Miso, Beet and Asparagus Soup– Most miso soups have a light brown or tan color, but not this one thanks to the beets being used. What we have here is a collection of three main ingredients that all have been covered in the news as being very good for the body. Miso sometimes gets partial credit for the overall health of the Japanese people. Beets are gaining in popularity due to the fact that they contain phytonutrients that just aren’t found in many other places. Asparagus has enough healthy benefits on its own but adds greatly to this soup.
19. Roasted Pumpkin Soup– Pumpkins are just for making jack-o-lanterns or for pumpkin pies. Try adding them more to your cooking by getting comfortable with the idea of roasting them in the oven until they’re tender. Save the seeds for other recipes that call for them, as these are extra-healthy as well. There aren’t too many other supporting ingredients on this, just some onion and garlic and a few herbs and spices. You’ll really taste the pumpkin on this, and get its nutritional value as well. Pumpkin doesn’t get a lot of recognition as a detoxing food, but it is.
20. Avocado Cucumber Soup– This is one of the fastest and easiest soups we could find, and it’s great for those times that you just need a re-up in the middle of the day and want something that will offer a lot of benefit, but not take a lot of time to prepare and gulp down. This has just a few simple ingredients, and preparation involves tossing everything in the blender and pressing play. Not to be a spoiler but the ingredients are in the title, plus some lime zest and lime juice thrown in for added flavor. Fast, fresh, yum, and detoxifying!
21. Carrot, Cumin and Ginger Detox Soup– Here is a trio of ingredients that is sure to both cleanse the body and satisfy your taste buds. The use of both cumin and ginger in the same recipe is interesting and will provide a flavor you won’t’ soon forget. The carrots serve as the base for this soup, and aside from the beta-carotene that most of us know about, carrots are a good source of the antioxidant Vitamin A as well as a source of fiber. Cumin has long been established as having curative properties, and ginger acts as a cleansing agent in the body.
Photo: Budding Lotus Body
Peas are often thought of as a side dish, and nothing more. But they are very nutritious, and their nutrition increases when they are paired with a cleansing herb like mint. They’re also using a good amount of ginger here, so you’re getting the astringent qualities it possesses, and also the flavor it adds to any dish. The nice part about this recipe is that it calls for frozen peas. It’s super easy to find organic peas in the frozen vegetables section of your grocery store or supermarket. Keeping a spare bag of them around is a great way to add them to meals more.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right -- as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) -- All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
To begin, I apologize for the dark nature of today's email.
However I promise what you'll discover today will be completely worth it.
Imagine a rotting corpse draped over your body from head to toe...
...suffocating tissue, restricting blood flow, damaging joints and infecting your healthy cells.
Shockingly, that nightmare is a reality for most:
64% of women and 74% of men carry too much body fat according to the National Institutes of Health.
It's choking their organs, assaulting their metabolism and sucking their energy dry.
But here's the worst part:
For most, this bodyfat has become "calorie-resistant":
It's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
This zombie fat is essentially... "dead tissue".
That's important for those who have 10, 25 or 50 or more pounds to lose...
AND for those who aren't technically overweight, but have what's called "pocket obesity"...
...unsightly patches of fat that cling to specific places, like:
just above your hips, lower belly, where your butt and legs meet... and even arms, neck and face.
However, there's good news:
Obesity researchers have now discovered a "metabolic jumper cable":
It jolts dead bodyfat back to life.
This allows your metabolism to burn it as calories and re-energize your entire body.
First though, here's the #1 reason why bodyfat becomes calorie-resistant:
It lacks blood flow. This has 3 effects:
- Not enough oxygen or nutrients reach fat cells, so they become unresponsive..
- Released fat can't be sent to other tissues to be burned, so fat cells suck it back in...
- 3) Metabolic hormones carrying the "burn calories" message don't reach the fat cell...
All this means one thing:
Your body can't transform into energy, the 135,000+ of calories the average person stores as fat!
You become a metabolic zombie: NO energy to think. NO energy to move. NO energy to motivate.
Update: calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
The discovery of this "metabolic jumper cable" can now reverse this process:
- It wakes up un-responsive bodyfat with a powerful calorie-burning hormonal jolt....
- It pops open fat cells, sucks out the fat, sending it off before its yanked back in...
- It shuttles fat to your brain, heart, lungs, kidneys - even your bones - to be burned as energy.
Not only do those layers of "zombie fat" start coming off, but your entire body just works better.
Plus, as your whole body burns more calories, those patches of pocket obesity whittle away.
This "metabolic jumper cable" isn't any exercise, machine or pill.
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive.
It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know.
And on this next page, you'll find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
PS - Studies show that not only can healthy levels of this powerful calorie-burning hormone devour bodyfat and fortify soft muscle, but it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Is Bread Really the Staff of Life… or the Stuff of Disease?
For most us, there are few foods more comforting than bread.
Fluffy biscuits, crusty baguettes, flaky croissants… even a simple slice of toast topped with melted butter can taste like heaven.
And that smell… few scents are quite as pleasant as fresh bread baking in the oven.
But there is a lot of confusion as to where bread fits into a healthy diet.
The Bible practically commands followers to eat it: “Give us this day our daily bread…” The government put it at the base of the food pyramid. And for centuries, it has been called “the staff of life.”
Of course, there are some who disagree…
Well-known cardiologist, Dr. William Davis, calls wheat “the perfect chronic poison.”
And for a poison, we sure eat lots of it…
The average American consumes 55 pounds of wheat flour every year, making refined flour the #1 source of calories in the American Diet – a situation that nutrition expert Chris Kresser describes as, “a public health catastrophe.”
So, what is the truth about bread and wheat?
- Is it the perfect poison… or an essential daily food?
- Is “gluten-free” bread better for you than regular bread?
- And can you still eat bread… while maintaining a lean body and optimal health?
The answers to these questions may surprise you!
Be sure to read #5 – the biggest surprise of all!
Recently, Doctor of Naturopathy, weight-loss expert and best-selling Amazon author Liz Swann Miller, creator of the Red Smoothie Detox Factor, revealed 2 of the secrets to easy, steady weight loss. Secrets the big food corporations do their best to hide from us.
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Don’t fall for the lie that you have to deprive yourself to lose weight.
Secret #2: stop eating out. You will automatically eat less without even noticing.
Then start detoxing your body with tasty, nourishing smoothies that are just as easy on your wallet as they are easy to make.
Because a single day of enjoying Liz’ smoothies demonstrated the radical power of her superfood-packed red smoothies to make me feel incredibly good.
Now prepare yourself for one of the biggest weight loss secrets there is. A secret that, when you use it properly, can transform your body and your health.
You probably know most of us eat too much processed food. What you may not know is that it’s full of toxic chemicals and substandard, dirt-cheap ingredients designed to make you eat more…and force you to gain weight.
Here’s how it works.
“That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use,” Liz told me, “Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.”
“So… what’s going on with me? Why am I losing weight but not going hungry?”
Liz paused, then dropped the bombshell.
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it.
“What? I thought we were designed to store fat?!?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. Then I heard Liz say…
What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
Liz continued: “You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.”
So that’s why I’m losing weight without going hungry.
Watch Liz’ free presentation. It’s packed with revolutionary weight loss information—information that works. Because it’s based on how nature.
Click the button only if you want to wear smaller clothes, breathe easier, move more freely and just plain feel better.
- Which calories help you lose weight…and which ones help you gain it…
- The “diet” foods…some of them vegetables…that lead to weight gain and diabetes…
- The “low-fat” foods that can dramatically increase your risk of cancer.
- And the superfoods that rescue your body from this assault by detoxing you…
Revitalizing your metabolism so you can Shed pounds as well as toxins, renew your body and reset your internal clock by up to 7 years.
Because until now, the Red Smoothie Detox Factor has been available only to Liz’ private clients. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better.
Get Red Smoothie Detox Factor before the price goes back up.
Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. You have 60 days to decide you love the Red Smoothie Detox Factor. If you don’t love it—for any reason, or even no reason at all —Liz will refund your money. 100%. No questions asked.
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.