Spring is just around the corner, which means a greater variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables will be available for purchase very soon (depending on where you live, of course). The emergence of spring also marks a great opportunity to do some ‘spring cleansing,’ getting rid of the toxins built up over the winter and making room for the fresh nutrients that smoothies and juices can provide for you.
So what is the best route to go? Should you Juice or Blend?
Why is fiber important?
The wonderful part of either option is that they are both tasty. Juices are often sweeter because the flavors are more concentrated, while smoothies leave you feeling fuller longer because of their thick and chewy texture, and also because they contain fiber.
This is the main difference between the two. Juicing generally leaves you with a big pile of pulp left behind, which is all of the plant fiber; in a smoothie, this fiber remains, helping to push things along your digestive tract.
- Smooths out digestion and absorption of glucose and fats in the small intestine. It reduces the Glycaemic Index of a meal.
- Provides fuel for the healthful or “good” bacteria in our large intestine, which in turn benefit us by making vitamin B12 and by releasing volatile fatty acids from the dietary fibre, which are important for the health of our colon.
- Speeds up transit though the intestines to remove waste and toxins from our bodies.
- Regulates bowel action, thereby reducing cancer risks.
Don’t forget FIBER
With juicing, nutrients are absorbed more quickly because the digestive system does not have to work as hard, so all of those lovely vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
The downside? Juices usually contain a lot of sugar and because they have no fiber, can lead to a spike in blood sugar followed by a crash. This isn’t the case with smoothies, since fiber creates a steady release of sugar which leads to sustainable energy rather than a quick spike and crash.
The best way to tackle this sugar issue (which can cause blood sugar spikes, energy dips, and cravings) is to add a minimal amount of fruit, if any, to your juice, and to add protein and/or fat to your drink. Vegetables aren’t innocent here though either, as beets, carrots, parsnips, and potatoes are just some examples of vegetables that are high in sugar.
But if you are making a smoothie, you don’t have to worry about how much fruit you add as it’s kept in its whole form which is how it’s actually meant to be eaten.
To keep your juices low in sugar, follow these tips:
- Use one green apple at most if you need a little sweetness in your juice. The green ones have less sugar than red varieties.
- Add fat like coconut milk, coconut oil, or even olive oil to your juice. Many well-known juice bars do this and it actually tastes amazing.
- Add chia seeds to your juice for a satisfying texture plus protein and fat to cushion the impact of any sugars and keep your energy high and stable.
Another major factor to consider is cost.
Juicers are typically more expensive than blenders and juicing in general can be costly, but some people get such great benefits from juicing that they choose to invest in their health in this way.
“Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.” -Mike Adams
At the end of the day, we are all individuals. Our bodies all react differently to the choices we make, so what works well for someone may not work at all for another. One person’s juice can be another person’s poison. You could always play around with having either throughout the day, or if you really want to see what works best for you, try drinking a smoothie every morning for 2 weeks and then the doing same with a juice. During this time, be mindful of how your body feels and reacts to your mixtures and listen to its messages. Don’t do what you think will be good for it, but rather what it tells you is good, which you can determine by noting how you feel after each meal or drink.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.