Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death in the world. If that’s not enough to make you shriek, I’m not sure what will.
The pharmaceutical industry is committing a silent holocaust around the globe. It works like this: People are sick because they aren’t getting proper nutritients. Then they are covering up their sickness with a doctor-prescribed pill. But this is causing some serious side effects, leading their doctors to prescribe more pills to conceal those side effects.
Rinse and repeat.
The following is a list of the 7 most dangerous and heavily promoted prescription drugs with some natural alternatives.
1) Prednisone or Cortisone
What’s the deal? Used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, asthma, allergies and many other conditions. Corticosteroids mimic the effects of hormones your body produces naturally in your adrenal glands, which sit on top of your kidneys. When prescribed in doses that exceed your body’s usual levels, corticosteroids suppress inflammation.
What are the side effects?
- High blood sugar, which can trigger or worsen diabetes
- Increased risk of infections
- Thinning bones (osteoporosis) and fractures
- Suppressed adrenal gland hormone production
- Thin skin, easy bruising and slower wound healing
Alternatives: Raw whole food diet. Read about Maya’s story HERE.
2) Methotrexate & Other Chemotherapeutic Agents
What’s the deal? For the most part, Methotrexate is used alone or together with other medicines to treat several types of cancer such as breast, head and neck, lung, blood, bone, lymph node and uterus cancers.
What are the side effects?
- Cause fetal death and congenital anomalies.
- Liver and Kidney toxicity.
- Bone marrow depression.
- Lung disease which can be fatal.
- Reacts with NSAID’s which can be fatal.
- May cause intestinal bleeding and ulceration.
- Depresses the immune system.
Alternatives: Read more HERE.
3) Coumadin or Warfarin
What’s the deal? Anticoagulant (blood thinner) which prevents the formation and migration of blood clots.
What are the side effects?
- Haemorrhage (bleeding)
- Vitamin C – 1,000 mgs. daily. Vitamin C coats the red blood cell (RBC’s) walls and prevents them from breaking and bleeding. However, too much Vitamin C inhibits the absorption of calcium.
- Vitamin E - 400 IU. Vitamin E coats RBC’s and binds collagen in blood vessels to prevent bleeding and strokes.
- OPC 165 (all natural anti-oxidant blend).
4) Cholesterol Lowering Drugs
What’s the deal? There are multiple types. Some of these drugs (Atromid and Lopid) work by absorbing bile acids which are produced from cholesterol in the intestinal tract and cause them to be excreted, thereby lowering the levels of cholesterol circulating in the blood. Statindrugs reduce production of cholesterol in the liver and alter the way in which LDL cholesterol enters the cells.
What are the side effects?
- Myositis – inflammation of the muscles.
- Rhabdomyolysis (rare) – With this condition, muscles all over the body become painful and weak. The severely damaged muscles release proteins into the blood that collect in the kidneys. The kidneys can become damaged trying to eliminate a large amount of muscle breakdown caused by statin use. This can ultimately lead to kidney failure.
Alternatives: Fish, whole foods – oats, nuts, beans, spinach, avocado.
5) Prozac (anti-depressants)
What’s the deal? Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lovan and Luvox belong to a class of drugs which alter the mechanism that balances levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. Serotonin affects mood, agitation, anxiety and sleep. These drugs mock the re-uptake or removal of serotonin by nerve cells in the brain, thus leaving more serotonin to bind to the receptor sites. This has been shown to alter mood and behavior.
What are the side effects? The FDA has admitted that antidepressants can worsen depression and suicidal symptoms in some patients. Other side effects include:
- increased appetite and weight gain
- loss of sexual desire and other sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction and decreased orgasm
- fatigue and drowsiness
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
Alternative: Aerobic exercise and a clean whole-food diet.
6) Ritalin, Cylert, Dexadrine, Adderal
What’s the deal? It produces such effects as increasing or maintaining alertness, combating fatigue and improving attention. Traditionally used to treat ADD or ADHD in children. It has also been used to treat narcolepsy. Frighteningly enough, Dr. Bruce Perry, a world-renowned ADHD expert, has stated that ADHD is not a real disease.
What’s the risk?
- Abdominal pain
- Alopecia (loss of hair)
- Angina (chest pain)
- Appetite loss
- Blood pressure and pulse changes (both up and down)
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Diaphoresis (sweating)
- Psychosis and psychiatric disorders
- Stunted growth
- Suicidal ideation
Alternatives: Yoga, exercise, playing an instrument, clean whole food diet.
7) Beta Blockers and Calcium Channel Blockers
What’s the deal? A class of drugs used to lower blood pressure.
What’s the risk? Calcium channel blockers – In an ongoing study, Bruce Psaty, M.D., compared 291 patients taking calcium channel blockers for hypertension to 1,240 people with the same condition, but taking other drugs. He found that patients who were taking large amounts of calcium channel blockers for high blood pressure had a 60% higher death rate compared to patients taking diuretics or beta blockers.
- shortness of breath
- cold extremities
- congestive heart failure
Alternative: Reduce processed sodium intake, reduce alcohol consumption, exercise regularly, whole food diet.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that taking a long term medication which alters any of your natural body functions is obviously dangerous. This includes virtually everything used for high blood pressure and heart disease; diuretics, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers and ACE inhibitors.
While prescription pills are beneficial in some cases, the Collective Evolution team are advocates of nutrition as the most powerful type of medicine. Our body is truly a remarkable machine naturally built for optimal function, but this is only when we provide our body with all of the essential nutrients that it needs.
When we are not supplying our bodies with proper nutrition, disease likely manifests. This is usually when most people will resort to prescription drugs. These drugs only cover up the problem, but are never actually dealing with the root cause.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.