Much of my practice centers around guiding people back to health by giving them the tools they need to make it happen. One of the first steps on the wellness path involves reducing your ‘toxic load,’ which involves cutting the volume of chemicals and toxins that enter your body every day.
High toxic exposures can overwhelm the body’s ability to detoxify itself which, over time, can trigger a litany of diseases. To cut your toxic load relatively quickly, put chemical pesticides — and its toxic cousins, herbicides and insecticides — at the top of your detox list.
Here are some tips to start improving your health today:
Pay Attention to Your Plate
These days, unfortunately, the vast majority of people get their food from industrial-scale ‘factory-farms.’ Often subjected to pesticide sprayings throughout the growing cycle, these chemical-doused crops wind up on your plate, adding to your toxic load with every bite. So what’s a consumer to do? Try these four workarounds:
- Buy USDA-certified organic produce: Though the certified seal system may not be foolproof, it goes a long way towards ensuring that certified organic produce, be it fresh or frozen, will contain little, if any, chemical pesticides. Another bonus: Most organics also deliver a bigger nutritional punch than conventionally grown crops.
- Buy local produce at the farmer’s market or a community-supported agriculture group (CSA): Farmer’s market and CSA products may not always be labeled organic, but oftentimes that’s because many small producers cannot afford the cost of obtaining USDA certification. It’s always great to just ask. Small producers also typically use fewer (if any) toxic synthetic chemicals, relying instead on more environmentally friendly, natural methods of pest and weed control.
- Buy smarter: If eating an all-organic diet simply isn’t in your budget — and for many people, it’s not — be sure to always consult the essential ‘Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen’ 2016 Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides In Produce from the Environmental Working Group (EWG). The guide identifies the top 15 conventionally grown fruits and vegetables that test low for pesticide residues, as well as the top 12 that test high, so consumers can buy accordingly.
- Grow your own produce: Veggies and herbs grown in the backyard or on the windowsill connect you with nature’s bounty — and you can create healthy, clean, and inexpensive food sans pesticides. Have a bumper crop of zucchini? Trade veggies with the neighbors, or make your own fermented veggies to carry you into the fall.
Let Your Lawn Run a Little Wild
Instead of soaking your lawn in highly toxic glyphosate — the main ingredient in the ubiquitous weed killer RoundUp — get back to nature. Switch to an organic lawn care service or implement your own chemical-free lawn care methods that won’t pollute your body, water supply, or the local bee population. Also, remember that the chemicals you spray on your lawn get tracked into your home by the entire family, including your pets, so the less you use, the better for all. To keep from spreading pesticides throughout your home, store all shoes and boots in a separate area, hallway, or mudroom. Feeling bold? Then take it a step further and ask the neighbors to stop using RoundUp as well.
Use Natural Bug Repellents
Keep bug spray use, both indoors and out, to a minimum. Avoid bug ‘bombs’ and conventional extermination treatments, both of which tend to leave a lot of toxins in their wake long after their release. If bugs indoors are a problem, consider using an environmentally friendly enzyme spray or natural bug killer with ingredients that are toxic to bugs — not to you and your family.
Ditch Industrially Grown Flowers and Shrubbery
According to a 2014 report by the Friends of the Earth and the Pesticide Research Institute, many of the commercially grown trees, plants, and shrubbery for sale at local or big-box lawn centers are doused in insecticides. And those inexpensive cut flowers at the local market? They’ve most likely been bathed in pesticides that pollute the environment and sicken the workers who pick, process, and pack them — not so pretty. To buy cut flowers and potted plants that are kinder to the earth and its inhabitants, look for sustainably grown fair-trade flowers with the Veriflora certification.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.