As far as American food staples go, tater tots have remained popular since their invention in 1953.1 But although many people seem to love these soft, bite-sized foods, they’re absolutely far from healthy. Tater tots are usually available in frozen packages, and are most likely to have been heavily processed and the ingredients have been stripped of their nutrients. Plus, these tots are usually fried in unhealthy vegetable oils that can damage your health in the long run.
If you’re looking for an alternative to conventional tater tots, you will love this Scrumptious Baked Zucchini Tots Recipe. A combination of zucchini and raw cheddar cheese takes the place of potato, making for a healthier and tastier version of this classic that’s sure to be a hit among people of various ages.
Scrumptious Baked Zucchini Tots Recipe
Cooking Time: 16 to 18 minutes
- Dr. Mercola’s coconut oil
- 1 cup of organic grated zucchini
- 1 large free range egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 medium onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup raw cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch or coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Dr. Mercola’s Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Place grated zucchini into a clean dish towel and wring all of the excess water out.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Bake until golden.
This Scrumptious Baked Zucchini Tots Recipe Is Far From Boring
If you’re worried that these tots won’t taste as good, don’t fret. Because you made use of healthier ingredients, this Zucchini Tots recipe proves that you can enjoy some of your favorite foods without sacrificing flavor, and more importantly, your health. Who knows, you might like these better than the original.
Zucchini: A Perfect Fit for These Tots
Using grated zucchini instead of mashed potato for these tots might be one of the best decisions you can make. Zucchini is a perfect alternative not just because of its fresh taste, but because of the additional health benefits you can get from it. Zucchini is a low-calorie vegetable that does not contain bad cholesterol and unhealthy fats, but is rich in dietary fiber. This is good news for people who are watching their weight, and/or those who want to increase their daily fiber intake.
Meanwhile, flavonoid antioxidants like zeaxanthin, carotenes and lutein in zucchini may help with slowing down aging, preventing diseases and eradicating harmful free radicals from your body. Zucchini’s mineral content is impressive, too. Apart from iron, manganese and phosphorus, these minerals deliver the following benefits:
- Potassium: assists in moderating blood pressure levels and counteracting the effects of consuming too much sodium
- Zinc and magnesium: can help ensure healthy blood sugar regulation
If you want to reap zucchini’s health benefits, retain the skin when adding it to your dishes. Most of zucchini’s antioxidant and fiber content are in this area. Plus, always make sure to purchase this vegetable organic, as most zucchini in the U.S. today is genetically modified.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.