This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Keto Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of pink salt
- 16 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 5 full squirts of chocolate stevia
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup of raw cacao powder
- 3 small ripe Hass avocados
- 5 full squirts of chocolate stevia
- 5 full squirts of regular stevia
- 1/8 tsp of pink salt
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (melted)
Yield: 1 large cake with roughly 8 large square pieces.
Keto Chocolate Cake Instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together separately
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together
- Coconut flour can often be very tough to mix so you can use a blender or food processor but only blend it until it is mixed together and be careful not to overdo it.
- Grease a large baking pan (9×13) or 2 small pans and pour in the batter.
- Bake the mixture for 35-40 minutes (25-30 minutes if using smaller pans). Check if the cake is done by putting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean to ensure it is cooked through.
- Let the finished cake cool and top it with the chocolate frosting
Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor until it is all whipped up.
- You can serve this immediately and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you want to store it longer, you can put it in the freezer.
- Make sure the cake cools down before applying the frosting or it will melt into a chocolate liquid.
In Megan’s original recipe, she had ¾ – 1 cup of honey in the cake and ½ cup of maple syrup in the frosting. This is WAY TOO MUCH sugar for my liking so I changed the recipe and substituted liquid stevia. Another good alternative would be to use monk fruit if you are sensitive to stevia.
Dr Jockers Comments
If you are looking for an amazing keto chocolate cake recipe for a birthday or special party, you will not find a better one than this! This recipe tastes amazing, can be made in less than an hour and is ketogenic and fat burning!!
I love cacao, which is the foundation of chocolate. Cacao and chocolate are rich in anti-oxidants and compounds that help to stimulate neurotransmitter production to improve dopamine, serotonin and endorphin levels so you feel amazing and are able to think sharp and clear!
This recipe is loaded with healthy fat sources from coconut flour, coconut oil, organic eggs, avocados and cacao powder. The eggs also provide a good amount of healthy protein and you have lots of fiber from the coconut flour to support the gut microbiome.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.