This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Turmeric Keto Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tsps of coconut oil
- 3 tbsps of tahini
- 1 scoop of turmeric bone broth protein powder
- 1 tsp of liquid stevia or monk fruit
Yield: 6 cookies
Time to Make: 10-15 Mins
Turmeric Keto Cookies Instructions
- Begin by combining 1 cup of coconut flakes with the coconut oil in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend on high until the coconut takes on a coconut butter like consistency. Should be creamy and smooth.
- Blend the tahini or nut butter of your choice until it is well mixed
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add in the Turmeric bone broth protein powder and the sweetener.
- Mix up with a fork until it creates a batter. It is normal for it to be crumbly.
- Scoop out 2 tbsps and form them into the shape of a cookie or ball by squeezing them in your hand.
- Store in the fridge and they will solidify and take on a great texture. Enjoy!!
Tahini is ground sesame seeds. You can use whatever nut butter that you enjoy the most instead of the tahini. This would include almond butter, cashew butter or if you are following our autoimmune nutrition plan, than I would recommend doing coconut butter.
You can also choose your natural sweetener of choice. I like the ketogenic sweeteners stevia or monk fruit because they do not elevate your blood sugar and are easy on the digestive tract.
If you but if you aren’t interested in being in ketosis than you could also use raw honey or organic maple syrup, which are healthy but also drive up blood sugar.
If you tolerate sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol well than you could also use these. I do caution, however, that these often cause gas and bloating and can damage the microbiome. Stevia and monk fruit are easy on the digestive system and do not drive up blood sugar, so they are the best!
Dr Jockers Comments
This is a fantastic low-carb, ketogenic, anti-inflammatory and gut healing cookie that tastes great and is a fantastic meal replacement or snack! These are very simple to make and I know the whole family will love the flavor!
Coconut oil and flakes are rich in medium chain fats that help burn fat for fuel and support a ketogenic lifestyle. Coconut flakes are also rich in fiber to help support the microbiome and gut motility.
Turmeric is one of the greatest anti-inflammatory herbs on the planet and something I recommend my clients look to get into their diet on a regular basis. Combining it in the bone broth protein makes a killer combo for inflammation and anti-aging.
Bone broth protein is rich in collagen which is the major structural component of our joints, hair, skin, nails and intestinal lining. It also helps support the immune system and the bodies natural detoxificiation mechanisms.
If you are on the autoimmune nutrition plan, it is best to avoid the tahini at first and so you can make this recipe with coconut butter instead. Try it out…I know you will LOVE it!!!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.