As part of a healthy, active lifestyle, nutrient-dense superfoods offer extra health benefits. They can protect your body from disease, help you build healthy bones and even improve your memory.
Making an effort to include more servings of these nutrient-packed fruits and veggies in your diet doesn’t have to be a chore. Armed with some yummy superfood recipes, you can incorporate more of these super healthy foods in your day to day.
Superfood Shopping Tips
These ingredients are all pretty easy to find at the grocery store, and with a little know-how, you can save some money and protect your health even more. Below are some shopping tips for finding these superfoods.
Blueberries: Conventionally grown blueberries are heavy on the pesticide residues and the real trouble is that those pesticides are inside the fruit, so you can’t wash them off. Make sure you’re choosing organic blueberries for the maximum health benefit.
Pomegranate Seeds: Some stores sell pomegranate seeds on their own, but if you’re buying a whole pomegranate, you might find you have trouble seeding it the first time out. Check out this video for a less-mess method to get at those yummy pomegranate seeds.
Chia Seeds: This might be the trickiest ingredient to find. If your grocery store doesn’t have chia seeds, check our local health food store or co-op. The trick to saving money on chia seeds is to skip the supplement aisle, where they’re pre-packaged and grossly overpriced. Instead, head to the bulk bins, where you can get a big bag of chia seeds for just a few dollars.
Quinoa: Just like chia seeds, you can save a bundle if you buy your quinoa in bulk. I know folks think of health food stores and co-ops as more expensive, but it’s worth a trip to those bulk bins for the money you’ll save on grains, nuts and seeds.
Here are our favorite 10 superfood recipes. They’re healthy, vegan and super easy.
1. Quinoa Superfood Salad: This salad is good hot or cold and it includes four of the superfoods listed above.
2. Blueberry Salsa: Fruit salsas make a yummy sauce for savory dishes or work well just like tomato-based salsa with some chips for dipping.
5. Best Damn Guacamole Ever: I know, you probably already have a guac recipe in your arsenal, but this one from Jerry James Stone at Treehugger is too delicious not to share.
6. Avocado Corn Cups: This avocado recipe is easy to put together and oh-so-satisfying.
8. Beet and Pomegranate Salad: This recipe calls for Sambal Ulek, an Indonesian chili sauce. If you can’t find it, Sriracha should do the trick.
9. Quinoa Vegetable Paella: Rice, schmice! Quinoa is a perfect base for a tasty paella.
10. Blueberry, Kale and Quinoa Salad with Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette: Another tasty quinoa salad that’s full of superfood ingredients.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.