Written by Sarah C. Corriher on The Health Wyze Report
Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland has been weakened by poor nutrition, thyroid toxicity, bad lifestyle, stress, and too much medical ‘help’. A victim of hypothyroidism has a body that can no longer adequately produce vital hormones. The establishment considers it to be yet another “autoimmune disease”; unilaterally rejecting all legitimate causative factors. The immune system only attacks things which it detects as being toxic.
The thyroid gland is suppressed by our constant intake of soy; an ingredient in the great majority of processed foods, and even in most of the so-called healthy alternatives. Additionally, fluoride is extremely damaging to the thyroid. Until the 1970’s, doctors prescribed fluoride to patients with hyperthyroidism (an over-active thyroid), in order to cripple it. It was shown to be effective at 2 mg. per day. People in the present are estimated to be consuming 2-10 mg. per day from tap water, non-stick cookware, toothpaste, pharmaceuticals, infant formula, processed cereals, and sodas. Hypothyroidism is also recognized to be caused by certain medications, such as lithium.
All S.S.R.I. anti-depressant drugs feature fluoride as a main ingredient, so these psychiatric drugs dramatically contribute to thyroid disorders, and they are the primary cause of hypothyroidism in some cases. S.S.R.I. drugs are notorious for causing nutritional deficiencies, due to their overall toxicity and because they dramatically disrupt the serotonin that is used for digestion. Contrary to the dishonest drug company marketing, only 10% of an individual’s serotonin is used by his brain, while about 80% of it is used by his digestive system. Without the proper nutrients, hypothyroidism cannot be cured, because those nutrients are needed to balance the hormones and to strengthen the thyroid. S.S.R.I. drugs furthermore reduce usable calcium in the body, and thereby it renders magnesium unusable; since magnesium and calcium are interdependent. Magnesium deficiencies are rife in modern society because people do not eat enough green leafy vegetables. A severe magnesium deficiency can lead to sudden heart attacks, and lesser deficiencies may cause heart attacks when monosodium glutamate (MSG) is consumed. People who have hypothyroidism are much more likely to have heart problems, because the hormones that are produced by a healthy thyroid help to strengthen heart contractions and regulate heart rhythm.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
|• Mood swings
• Cold sensitivity
• Weight gain
• Heavy or irregular
• Dry skin
• Brittle hair, skin,
• Hair loss
The medical establishment prescribes synthetic hormone pills to hypothyroidism patients, and patients must continue taking them for the rest of their lives. This is because these artificial hormones cause a body to stop producing its own thyroid hormones permanently; similar to what is experienced with diabetics taking synthetic insulin. In both cases, the result is perpetual customers who will forever after be reliant on ‘the system’, because the medications actually destroy the organ that they supposedly help. Be forewarned that with orthodox therapies, there is no cure, and there may be no turning back.
The medical establishment’s tests for hypothyroidism are unreliable, so multiple consecutive tests may produce differing results. As a result, some people are drugged for the rest of their lives for a disease that they did not have until they began the drug regimen. Those who are given the pharmaceutical hormones develop hypothyroidism that is more difficult to cure than those who did nothing at all, or those who turned to the alternatives immediately.
“Dessicated natural thyroid does not have FDA approval and its availability became quite limited in 2009. Many consumers complained to the ombudsman because of their preference for dessicated natural thyroid as thyroid replacement medication over the FDA approved synthetic versions”
In the 1890’s, the original conventional medicine (what is now alternative) began using all-natural hormones to treat hypothyroidism. These natural hormones were extracted from animal sources. In 1958, the chemical industry first began producing the completely synthetic versions of the hormones, which were marketed as being identical to the natural hormones that had been used for decades. Soon thereafter, the F.D.A. began playing a political game to suppress the use of the significantly safer, animal-based hormones for no other reason than increasing industry profits. Behind its corrupt shenanigans was the fact that chemical formulations can be patented, but natural hormones cannot. It avoided a political backlash by not officially banning the natural hormones, but it nevertheless accomplished the same goal by re-categorizing natural hormone treatments as “not approved” therapies. Thus, a doctor risks his medical license, and increases his lawsuit risk, if he prescribes the natural hormones. It is another example of the F.D.A. eliminating competition for its top pharmaceutical partners using cunning methods. Treating hyperthyroidism has become much more expensive and much more dangerous as a result. The new synthetic hormones are addictive to the extreme, as only chemistry can provide. It follows the same addictive pattern seen with cholesterol medications, hypertension medications, diabetes medications, cancer treatments, anti-depressants, and pharmaceutical record-holders like Heroin (from Bayer). The chemical industry’s synthetic hormones cause both heart disease and cancers, but they help to cover a doctor’s assets.
How To Cure Hypothyroidism
In alternative medicine, there is very little difference in the curing of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. This is because the treatments involve assisting the thyroid to heal, in either case. Those with hyperthyroidism should not use iodine, because it could overdrive the thyroid, worsening the condition.
Curing thyroid disease requires a long-term commitment for a period of at least a year. Creating this problem took years of self-poisoning, so fixing it is neither quick, nor easy. Hypothyroidism medications are addictive, and the body becomes reliant on them, which is why the mainstream establishment maintains that people must take them forever. Those who have been taking hypothyroidism medications for years must slowly wean themselves from the drugs. Abruptly stopping these medications will result in extreme fatigue and additional thyroid problems.
- Eliminate and discard all non-stick cookware
- Eliminate Soy – Soy suppresses thyroid functions, imbalances hormones, and it has been shown to cause goiters (an enlargement of the thyroid gland) in previously healthy individuals, which shows that it disrupts iodine usage.
- Adhere to an Alkaline Diet – This is extremely helpful when curing any chronic disease. Reference the Body pH and Disease article to guide you.
- Balance Estrogen Levels (Women) – Excess estrogen slows down the thyroid gland. This means eliminating birth control medications, increasing the fiber in the diet, and avoiding all non-organic meats. Growth hormones in meats lead to imbalanced hormones. Reduce dairy intake, because milk often contains lots of estrogen.
- Exercise – Find a physical activity that is fun, and do it often. We believe that exercise could half the cure time in some cases, and curing is not possible without it.
- Hemp Fiber – This is a broad-spectrum supplement and a mild laxative.
- L-Tyrosine – Tyrosine is a natural amino acid which helps the body produce its own thyroid hormone. This is also known to help with the depressions that usually accompany hypothyroidism. Most naturopaths recommend that 500 mg. be taken 2-3 times daily.
- L-Arginine – Arginine is known to stimulate the thyroid and its hormones. It also improves immune function, improves fertility, and alleviates erectile dysfunction.
- Iodine – The thyroid needs iodine to function properly, and lots of people now suffer from iodine deficiencies. To test yourself, place some iodine (we use 2%) on your stomach. Make a dot the size of a silver dollar (or twice the size of a British 50p). If it disappears within 12 hours, then you are iodine deficient. Keep adding iodine in increasing amounts, until it no longer disappears in a 12-hour period. This works due to the fact that the body transdermally absorbs iodine at the rate at which it is needed. Do not use povidone iodine and do not orally consume iodine. This is especially an important precaution for those with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Check the link for other options and considerations concerning safe iodine supplementation. Red marine algae is the only means to safely orally supplement with iodine, but beware of other types of underwater vegetation. Baked fish is the safest and most natural way to consume iodine, but beware of bottom feeders, shell fish, krill, and etc. Think kosher in regard to the choice of fish.
- Avoid all sources of fluoride – As already mentioned, fluoride suppresses the thyroid, and is likely to be the leading cause of hypothyroidism. Drink spring water, avoid soft drinks, use fluoride-free toothpaste, use a shower filter, and throw away non-stick cookware. Both coffee and tea naturally contain fluoride, so use iodine to compensate if these drinks are indispensable.
- Eat a natural diet – To help the body to heal itself, remove burdens on its immune system. This means that all processed foods, artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, white flour, white sugar, table salt, hydrogenated oils, aluminum, high fructose corn syrup, and etcetera should be eliminated from the diet. Organic food is the ideal. Do not trust marketing that reads “All Natural”, because this phrase is intentionally unregulated, so that anyone may use it for anything. Read labels carefully.
- Chlorophyll – Supplementing with chlorophyll provides essential copper, helps oxygenate the body, builds healthy red blood cells, and it overall assists with skin health. Chlorophyll is a safe method of orally supplementing with copper. Those who are using our Colloidal Copper Lotion are unlikely to need more copper.
- Pears and Apples – The ancient Chinese discovered that pears have a powerful tendency to balance hormones; especially in women. Pears help most when mixed with or juiced with apples. Try our pear juice recipe, and drink it regularly.
- Zinc and Selenium: Studies indicate that severe zinc or selenium deficiencies can cause decreased thyroid hormone levels. Never take zinc on an empty stomach. Brazil nuts are high in both zinc and selenium.
- Coconut Oil: Buy organic, cold-pressed, coconut oil from a health food store. Take around 1 teaspoon of it daily. You can also use it to cook with, but be warned that it smokes at low cooking temperatures, so it should only be used for low-heat cooking. Coconut oil speeds the metabolism, encourages production of the thyroid hormone, and kills candida yeast.
- Avoid Canola Oil: Canola oil interferes with the production of thyroid hormones, amongst its many other dangers. Treat canola oil like the abominable, genetically engineered, poison that it is.
If depression becomes a serious problem, then sufferers may wish to read our article about eliminating depression naturally. Chronic constipation can be addressed by adding additional dietary fiber to the diet, such as psyllium or the superior hemp fiber. Sufferers will also want to take flax seed oil, and combine it with a food containing sulfur proteins; for example, yogurt. This follows the Budwig Protocol’s methodology, which decreases inflammation, increase oxygen intake, stimulates beneficial intestinal flora, and it provides a mild laxative effect.
Heavy metals and toxins can cause the thyroid to malfunction. This is particularly true in cases of Hashimoto’s Disease, wherein the thyroid is so poisoned that the immune system begins attacking it. Most people with thyroid disease will benefit from a heavy metal and liver cleanse, because thyroid impairment is generally the result of toxicity.
There is a lot of conflicting information on the Internet regarding the application of iodine to treat Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, so it is prudent that we comment. Dosage is especially important in these cases, as an overdose of iodine can cause the thyroid to shut down completely. However, a small amount of iodine does help this condition. Problems usually occur for those who take potassium iodide supplements, and those who take internal iodine drops. However, there is no evidence of adverse effects for those who moderately apply iodine transdermally. Applying iodine to the skin allows the body to regulate the iodine’s absorption rate.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.