Toilet Bombs just might be my kids favorite blog recipe to date! Anything with the word “toilet” in it is hilarious if you are 4 and 6 years old! But, these are not a sweet treat for you to eat. They go into your toilet, to clean and disinfect!
Remember the scrubbing bubbles commercials? Those cute little scrub brushes working hard to clean your bathroom for you! Well, these little toilet bombs do the same thing, except they do not off-gas harsh chemicals or cause reproductive damage! #winning
Let’s take a look at what’s in those scrubbing bubbles that you see on TV:
- Water: Provides a liquid base for a product
- Butoxypropanol: Cleaning Agent. Breaks down dirt and deposits
- Alkyl Polyglycoside: Cleaning Agent. Breaks down dirt and deposits
- Polyethylene Oxide: Cleaning Agent. Breaks down dirt and deposits
- Tetrasodium EDTA: Chelator. Removes soap scum and soils
- Sodium Hydroxide: Adjusts the pH of a product to improve stability
- Fragrance: Fragrance (remember, the word “fragrance” on a label is NOT reglated, it can be anything!)
- Liquitint® Blue HP DyeDye: Provides a pleasing color for a product
- Liquitint® Red ST DyeDye: Provides a pleasing color for a product
Health risks of toxic cleaners include:
- Reproductive damage
- Increase in cancer due to carcinogens
- Damage to children’s delicate organs and immune systems
- Skin and eye irritation
- Aggravate asthma and respiratory conditions
- I wanted to make something that had cleaning power, and was not filled with harsh chemicals that could lead to ill health! Thieves Toilet Bombs were the natural next step!
Here is the breakdown of what goes into my toilet bombs:
- Baking Soda: for the fizz
- Corn Starch: to bind
- Citric Acid: citric acid is a chelator, this means that it’s an acid that inactivates water hardness and creates foam. This makes it especially useful as a cleaning agent. It helps get dirt and grime off of surfaces. Citric acid also prevents water spotting and hard water film. Citric acid is antibacterial and antiseptic too!
- Thieves Cleaner and Essential Oil: Formulated with the power of Young Living’s Thieves oil blend, you can get a deep clean without dangerous or synthetic ingredients. This all-purpose cleaner can be used on any surface in your home for dusting, spot cleaning, scrubbing, or any other cleaning need. Wherever you use it, you’ll feel good knowing it’s safe to use around everyone in your family, including pets. This is the only cleaner that we use in our home!
I even broke down the cost of this cleaner, as compared to some of the most popular “green cleaners” out there. If you have trouble reading the comparison, you can view it larger HERE
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup citric acid — where to find
- Thieves Household Cleaner — you can find this here
- 20-30 drops Thieves Essential Oil — you can order this here
- spray bottle — we re-use these bottles when empty, and then add a spray top
In a gallon sized plastic bag, combine the baking soda, corn starch, and citric acid
Mix water and Thieves Cleaner in spray bottle, according to directions based on size of water bottle and usage
Using the spray bottle, spray water into the dry ingredients in the bag
I spray 5-10 at a time, then mash the bag with your hands (make sure its sealed!)
Spray more water, Mash, more water, mash. So this until the mixture just begins to hold shape
Add in the Thieves essential oils and mix up again
Press into silicon molds
Allow to dry for 5-7 days (depending on your humidity). They will harden quite a bit and puff up
- Pop them out of the molds
- Store your toilet bombs in a glass jar or plastic bag. Keep them dry
- Drop bombs into the toilet and let them fizz
- The thieves cleaner, thieves essential oil, baking soda, and citric acid will fizz in the bowl and eliminate odors and grime
- Flush once the fizzing stops. You can scrub if you want to but the bubbles should do the trick
- If you want to give them more power, add an additional drop or two of thieves essential oil to the bomb before dropping it into the toilet
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.