“Fat Bombs” just sound disgusting. I imagine a little, round ball of yucky body fat exploding when I hear the name. But, I finally got over it and fell in love! You know about my sweet tooth. Well, fat bombs satisfy it while helping me stay healthy. It doesn’t get better than that!
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are homemade morsels made of a blend of high fat, low carbohydrate foods. Popular high fat foods to include in fat bombs are coconut oil, coconut cream, coconut butter, nuts, butter and cream cheese, though any healthy fat can be used. Still doesn’t sound that tasty, huh? Well, read on!
Healthy fats are important for multiple reasons, and fat bombs have become a way that people who are on low carb or Ketogenic diets can add calories to their daily diet without needing to add carbs into the menu. Let me explain.
Eating a diet low in carbohydrates but high in fat causes a state of ketosis in the body. This is a natural state in which the body is starved of simple sugars and so begins to burn stored fat instead of carbohydrates. The Ketogenic diet first became popular in the 1920’s as part of the treatment for epilepsy. Though it’s still used for that, and also as a natural cancer treatment, in the last few years it’s become increasingly popular with body builders and those who need to lose weight.
I use them as a way to satisfy my sweet tooth but also to make sure my family gets all the healthy fat we need to stay fit. Since my kiddos’ brains and bodies are still developing, they need lots of extra healthy fat in their diets and fat bombs are an easy way to get them to eat it. They think it’s candy, right? 😉 Fat bombs also provide protein, fiber and a punch of energy without the sugar high.
Fat bombs usually include at least 85% fat. Making them is easy. You basically need:
- Your fat base (e.g. coconut oil, butter and cream, cream cheese, butter)
- Low-carb flavorings or sweeteners (e.g. cocoa powder, flavored stevia, spices)
- Other healthy, low-carb additions (seeds, nuts, dried fruit, coconut)
Try my caramel apple fat bomb recipe.
I like to use coconut oil in fat bombs because it has so many health benefits:
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Lowers risk of high blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Protects against cancer
- Boost immune system (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral)
- Increases brain function and memory
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Improves skin irritations
- Improves type II diabetes
- Slows signs of aging
- Improves liver and gallbladder function
- Helps balance hormones
- Improves digestion
- Increases energy and stamina
- Builds muscle
For those of you who are focused on losing weight, coconut oil is wonderful to add into your diet:
- Helps your body burn fat
- Is used immediately for energy, rather than being stored
- Decreases appetite
- Helps get rid of belly fat, specifically
Why You Should Eat Fat Bombs
Even though we’ve been told for over 20 years to cut back on the fat, scientists are finally proving that healthy fat is necessary. Eating fat bombs adds healthy fats to your diet in a delicious way. You don’t have to eat a handful of coconut oil every morning to get the benefits—just pop a few fat bombs!
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Decreases insulin sensitivity
- Lowers risk of developing type II diabetes
- Lowers triglycerides
- Decreases belly fat
- Reduces severity of acne
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lessens symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Reduces total cholesterol and HDL “bad” cholesterol
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- “Starves” cancer cells
So, you can feel great about adding fat bombs to your diet, no matter how disgusting the name sounds. Trust me, once you try one, you won’t mind what they are called!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.