Coming at you with another cozy winter soup – ready to eat in 30 minutes.
It’s been unusually cold and wet this year. And all I wanna do is eat soup. We’ve been making my Creamy Sweet Potato Bacon Chowder and my Ultimate Green Soup regularly over the past few weeks. I thought it was time to come up with another easy and satisfying soup to keep celebrating soup season.
It’s winter, and I eat what comes in our weekly CSA box from a local organic farm. Lots of cauliflower and kale this time of year, so that’s what I got to work with. I’m super excited because Little One has finally decided that she like cauliflower. I’ve been making mashed cauliflower seasoned with a bit of flavorful vegetable broth and lots of butter. It’s her new fav side dish.
Today I’m sharing a warming and comforting cauliflower and kale soup that’s super easy to throw together and hearty enough to take the chill off of a cold winter day. The stars of this soup are the anti-inflammatory turmeric and the warming ginger. Slightly creamy and perfectly spiced to warm the soul. I’ve found this soup is a great way to get more vegetables into my family.
Ready in 30 minutes
I love meals that I can throw together in 30 minutes of less. Soup is good like that. Easy, fast, and inviting. I usually serve soup with a green salad and maybe some of my Grain Free Flatbread. My daughters both love the flatbread and have become experts in whipping it up while I cook up the soup.
I love cooking with my kids. Little One is often my photography assistant when I shoot my recipes. She’s becoming quite the little helper these days. Have I mentioned that I love my job???? Being able to be home while I work is a real dream come true for me.
Hope you are having a great first few weeks of 2017 and are crushing your health goals so far! Stay positive.
Curried Cauliflower and Kale Soup
- 1 tsp curry powder (like this)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne powder (optional) (like this)
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 3 cups broth (bone broth OR vegetable broth)
- 2 cups kale, tough ribs removed and sliced thin (I used the Dino kind)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- salt to taste
- lemon wedges
- Combine curry powder, turmeric, cumin, pepper, and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat fat of choice in large soup pot and saute onions until translucent and starting to brown. Add garlic and spices and cook another 30 seconds to temper flavors.
- While onions are cooking, roughly chop cauliflower and pulse in batches in food processor into course rice-like texture.
- Once garlic and spices are cooking, add cauliflower, chopped carrots, and ginger. Toss to evenly coat. Add broth, bring to boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer, covered, until veggies and tender. (about 10-12 minutes)
- Add coconut milk and kale. Continue to cook until kale is wilted and bright green. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.