When I say loaded, I mean loaded. These breakfast muffins are jam packed with all the good things.
What do you so when you are stressed? I do two things: yoga and baking. Both are relaxing. And both make me happy.
Anyone else upset about the state of affairs in the world today? Most days I am pretty good at keeping a positive outlook on life, but some days are just hard. I oscillate between wanting to know what’s going on in the world and wanting to just cuddle up in my warm bed with a good book until it’s all over. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not apathetic in any way. I just get overwhelmed by all of the violence, pain, and hatred in the world. How do we stay open and loving in the face of it all?
I find myself having to give myself little positivity pep talks to keep me on the right track. I find myself clinging to what is good and right in the world, like my family and friends. I focus on doing my good work in the world of raising decent human beings and inspiring healthy, clean living. And I find myself in the kitchen baking away because that’s just what makes sense to me sometimes.
So here we are. Another muffin recipe created out of my need to relax and unwind. This one is a super loaded breakfast muffin full of nutrient-dense goodness to keep you fueled and full so you can go out in the world and do your good work.
Here’s the stars of this muffin show:
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
I actually wasn’t sure that I could pack all of those superfoods into one muffin. But I did it. When I took the muffin tin out of the oven, it was noticeably heavier than my usual muffin recipes. And according to my official taste-testers (my family), they are the bomb! They are moist, delicious, and full of flavor.
These are definitely muffins you can feel good about eating. All real food ingredients. No gluten or refined sugars. Loaded with protein, fiber, and a ridiculous amount of essential vitamins and minerals. And they freeze very well for easy an breakfast or snack later on.
So go ahead. Make yourself a batch. You may get what I mean about baking being a pretty zen experience.
LOADED BREAKFAST MUFFINS (GLUTEN FREE AND PALEO)
- Yield: 12 large muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds (like this)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup apple, diced into 1/4 inch cubes (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water for 5 minutes and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin papers.
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. Fold in grated carrots, chopped apples, and raisins.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, melted fat of choice, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Pour wet into dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, divide batter among 12 muffin cups. They will be almost full. Bake for 25-27 minutes, until golden and done in center.
- Feel free to substitute cranberries, goji berries, chopped dried apricots, or any dried fruit you like for the raisins.
- You can easily sub out any nuts or seeds that you like in equal proportions for what I have listed. Some suggestions: walnuts, pecans, and sesame seeds.
- For better digestion, I always recommend using soaked/sprouted nuts and seeds. You can either buy them already soaked OR make your own. Simply soak in water with a bit of sea salt overnight. Drain and rinse. And dehydrate at 110’F until crispy.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.