Dig into some healthy comfort food with these savory and satisfying Loaded Sweet Potatoes. Kind of like nachos but not.
OK… so I was going to call this recipe Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos because that’s what I was in the mood for. But seeing as the recipe doesn’t include chips or cheese, I didn’t want a ton of comments telling me that these were not really nachos (details! details!) But in my mind, I am eating nachos when I eat this dish.
I’m always looking for ways to recreate healthier versions of my favorite comfort foods. Nachos loaded with all the things is definitely at the top of my list. But seeing as I don’t feel hot when I eat corn or dairy, I’ve been depriving myself. Until now!
Start with sweet potato rounds
The recipe is so simple! Bake your sweet potato rounds. Brown and season your meat. Add whatever toppings make you happy. And then stuff your face. Feel happy. End of story.
Load up with your favorite nacho toppings
As you can see, I loaded my sweet potato rounds with spiced turkey meat, olives, radishes, mangoes, jalapeños, avocados, and cilantro. I LOVE the combination of sweet mangoes and spicy jalapeños. I also drizzled on a bit of coconut cream (the thick part that separates from full fat coconut milk) with a squeeze of lime and salt added. Holy yum! Better than sour cream.
But feel free to load up whatever you like. Tomatoes. green chilis. sauerkraut, chopped lettuce, cheese, real sour cream, etc. There are no rules except just pile it on.
These Loaded Sweet Potatoes are a great way to mix it up for dinner. Serve with a big green salad for an easy meal. They’re also a fun way to feed a crowd. Double the recipe and watch people go to town and devour.
So let’s just pretend that we are eating nachos, OK? OK! Enjoy!
Loaded Sweet Potatoes (gluten free and dairy free)
- Yield: serves 4
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted (where to get grass fed ghee)
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, beef, or bison)
- 1 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (like this)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- black olives, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, deseeded and sliced
- extra cilantro
- coconut cream, non-dairy plain coconut yogurt, plain yogurt, or sour cream (mixed with a tbsp of fresh lime juice and salt to taste)**** see note (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400″F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour melted fat of choice on sweet potato rounds and mix to evenly coat. Spread rounds single layer onto baking sheets. Bake 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through- until fork tender. Remove from oven.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, melt 1 tablespoon of fat of choice in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until translucent about- 4 minutes. Add ground meat and saute until browned. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt PLUS 2 tablespoons of water. Mix and cook until water in evaporated, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and add cilantro. Mix to combine.
- TO ASSEMBLY LOADED SWEET POTATOES: Simply spoon ground meat mixture over sweet potatoes and sprinkle on all other garnishes. Eat and enjoy!
*** I made this recipe with the top layer of a full fat coconut milk (the coconut cream.) You will need to leave the can in fridge overnight to separate the layers. You can also use non-dairy plain coconut yogurt. If dairy is your thing, you can also use plain yogurt or sour cream.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.