I found cherries at the Farmer’s Market!
And you know what that means? SUMMER IS COMING!!!! And you know what that means, right? Summer fruit!!!!!
Summer fruit is the stuff my dessert dreams are made of. Berries, cherries, peaches, apricots. I love it all. And I’m kicking off summer fruit season with this decadent and super simple NO BAKE cherry chocolate tart.
With summer comes all the gatherings, potlucks, and warm summer dinners. It’s always nice to have an easy breezy dessert recipe that can just be thrown together without heating up the kitchen. This chocolate tart has just a few ingredients and can be whipped up in about 15 minutes (half of that time being used to pit the cherries.) It’s versatile so you can use what you have on hand (read my suggestions below.) It does require a bit of time to set in the fridge, so I usually just make it the night before.
Why I love this no bake chocolate tart:
….the crust. A simple crust made with toasted hazelnuts, cacao (or cocoa) powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil adds just the right amount of texture to this velvety tart. Think nutella-flavored!! Feel free to use almond, walnuts, or pecans if that’s what you have.
….the filling. A rich, decadent, smooth, ganache-type filling made with 4 simple ingredients that takes just minutes to prepare. I like to use good quality dark chocolate bars for my filling, but you can use any bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips that you have on hand. You get to choose the sweetness factor of this tart by the chocolate that you choose.
….the cherries. My love of cherries is real. What could be better than sweet, juicy, ripe cherries on top of a chocolate tart? Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries work as well.(Be sure to check out the video below to see how to pit a cherry the easy way. No cherry pitter needed. )
Do you need any more reasons to
walk run RIGHT NOW to your kitchen to make this tart?
Happy Almost Summer!
P.S. Want to know how to EASILY pit a cherry? Watch the video below.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TART WITH FRESH CHERRIES (GLUTEN FREE, PALEO, AND VEGAN)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: one 9 inch tart
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- 2 cups lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (I use THIS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I use THIS or THIS) **see note
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 pound fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- extra toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- To make crust, lightly grease 9 inch tart pan with coconut oil. Process hazelnuts, cacao powder, and salt in food processor until resembles a coarse flour. Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and pulse until well incorporated. Press mixture into tart pan with removable bottom. Set aside.
- To make filling, coarsely chop chocolate and place into a large glass bowl. Bring coconut milk to a gentle simmer and pour over chopped chocolate. Wait one minute, add vanilla extract and pinch of salt, and then stir mixture until creamy smooth. Pour mixture evenly into prepared tart crust.
- Place tart of fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Arrange fresh cherries over top just before serving. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in fridge, tightly covered.
- I like to use good quality dark chocolate bars for my filling, but you can use any bittersweet chocolateor dark chocolate chips that you have on hand. You get to choose the sweetness factor of this tart by the chocolate that you choose.
- Toasting the hazelnuts for the crust really brings out the flavor. I highly recommend doing so. Feel free to use toasted almond, walnuts, or pecans if that’s what you have.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.