Since it’s already September, I’ve decided to officially kick off pumpkin season. Because I just love a good Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.
Ok, so my kitchen has been smelling really good this week. I decided that now that school is back in session, it’s officially fall. And fall means baking all the fall things. And since pumpkin is my favorite fall thing, here’s what I got for you today:
This is what I call pumpkin heaven. Moist delicious pumpkin bread scattered with mini little chocolate chips. Oh My Goodness! So good!
To be completely honest, I usually go kicking and screaming into fall every year. I just adore summer and hot weather. I am in my element wearing flip flops and shorts. Beach girl at heart. So I have to admit, I think baking is my way of consoling my summer loving soul as the weather turns cooler. Don’t hate me. I know lots of people who look forward to the cool crisp days of fall. I’m just not one of them.
But this pumpkin chocolate chip bread could (and does) make it a bit easier for me. Imagine a warm, sweet, spicy smell drifting out of the oven as you sip ginger tea on a cool fall morning. I can live with that!
So while we are on the topic of fall, tell me how fall is for you? Do you love it? Do you look forward to the falling leaves and rainy days? Are you so excited that the kids are back in school? Or is it a mixed bag like it is for me?
One of the things I have learned about fall is that it’s a really good time to up my self-care game. Keeping my immune system in tip top shape as we transition into fall can help me avoid some of those runny noses and coughs we see this time of year.
I usually start each fall with a pledge to get more sleep as the days get shorter and the nights get longer. Our bodies need more sleep during the colder months. Switching to warmer, nourishing foods helps my body stay strong and healthy.
I also start using my essential oils a lot more. Thieves is a fall favorite to give the old immune system a boost. Elderberry syrup is another immune booster that we love. It’s super easy to make at home. Get my recipe HERE. And don’t forget about cod liver oil. It’s a great source of Vitamin A and D. THIS is our favorite as it comes from a clean source and has a mild taste.
Want to know more? Be sure to check out 5 Tips for Transitioning into Fall and 7 Simple Ways to Boost Your Child’s Immune System.
OkOk…. I really got off track there. Let’s get back to that Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread I was talking about. I’ve made 4 loaves of this bread this week. (I may be a bit obsessed!) But I was trying to get the texture JUST right. Here’s what I decided: if you like a super moist pumpkin bread, use a wet sweetener like maple syrup. If you prefer a drier (but equally delicious) bread, use a dry sweetener like coconut sugar. Either way, it will be delish. Options are good, right?
I hope you have a smooth and healthy transition into fall. Look for more fall recipes coming soon. Because I’ll be over here baking my “I miss summer” blues away.
- 1¼ cup blanched almond four ( I use THIS brand)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour (like this) OR arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp unrefined salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup OR coconut sugar (like this)
- ½ cup chocolate chips plus extra for topping (I use THESE dairy and soy free mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, tapioca, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, spices, and coconut sugar, if using). Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, fat of choice, pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup, if using).
- Pour wet into dry. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into prepared loaf pan. Scatter extra chips on top to make it pretty.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.