Happy Summer, y’all! And Happy Birthday to my sweet Little One! I love summer birthdays because there is so much amazing fruit to bake with. Stopping by to share the delicious Rustic Blueberry Peach Cake I made last week to celebrate my youngest turning 5.
Birthday are a big deal in our household. Everyone should have a day dedicated to celebrating the day they were born and the amazing person that they are. That’s why on your birthday at my house, you get the royal treatment. Whatever you want to breakfast. Whatever you want to for dinner. Lots of love and appreciations in between. And of course, I make whatever you want for your special birthday dessert. Can you tell that I like to show my love with food? (Is that a bad thing?)
This little blueberry peach cake is the epitome of summer baking. Fresh blueberries and juicy peaches nested on top of a super moist cake. This girl has no time for dry cake. I prefer moist and spongy when it comes to my cakes. This is achieved with just the right combo of coconut oil, coconut milk and nutrient dense eggs.
The recipe is quite simple. All real food ingredients. Gluten and grain free almond flour. Be sure to use a finely ground flour to get a nice fluffy cake. I used coconut sugar to give the cake a rich, almost caramel-like taste. And lots of fresh summer blueberries and peaches. Super healthy and super delicious.
It was fun to create this rustic little blueberry peach cake for my Little One’s 5th birthday. The inspiration came from the abundance of summer blueberries and peaches that we have been devouring. Our little peach tree gave us a small but delicious harvest this year. And we have the most amazing organic blueberry farm just a few miles from our house. Childhood memories are made from walking through the yard picking ripe fruit from the trees with peach juice dripping from our chin.
Happy birthday, sweet one. You are the truly the sweetest and kindest little human I have every met. And you fill our life with so much love and light. Can you tell she enjoyed her cake?
Rustic Blueberry Peach Cake (Gluten Free)
2 cups almond flour (I use THIS finely ground brand)
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp unrefined salt
⅓ cup coconut oil, room temperature (like this)
½ cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA-free coconut milk)
1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
1 and ½ peaches, thinly sliced
2 tsp coconut sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper, allowing the sides of the paper to come up the sides of the pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the coconut oil until softened (about 30 seconds.) Add the coconut sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat until eggs are well incorporated.
- Turn hand mixer on low and add flour mixture and coconut milk. Mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle ½ cup of the blueberries over the top. Arrange peach slices in a circle over the top of the batter and berries. And scatter the remaining ½ cup of blueberries on top. Sprinkle top with extra coconut sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 35-42 minutes, until center is cooked and cake is golden. I suggest checking earlier as almond flour has a tendency to burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, lift cake out of pan with sides of parchment paper, and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.