Blueberry season is back!
And I’m kicking it off with this Skillet Blueberry Coffee Cake. Cuz everything tastes better in a skillet. Am I right?
Our family is in a bit of a transition as we are selling our house and trying to buy land to build on. I haven’t had as much time as I would like to play in the kitchen. But this week, I took a break from all the house planning and made this. Doesn’t it look lovely?
I’m no stranger to skillet cooking…
My Lemon Berry Skillet Cake is a family fav. And so is my Mixed Berry Dutch Baby. As you can see, I have a thing for summer berries. I seriously can’t get enough of them. And now that blueberries are back in season, I’ve been stuffing my face with them as often as I can.
OK… let’s get back to that blueberry coffee cake. Here’s the deal: It’s a moist, delicious cake layered with a cinnamon nut streusel and fresh, juicy blueberries. It’s super simple to throw together. And is gluten and grain free. You can keep it dairy free by using coconut oil.
Perfect texture and combination of flavors
I’m super excited to share this recipe with you because I’m sort of in love with this coffee cake. It’s the perfect texture and combo of flavors, and I know it will be a stable in my kitchen for potlucks and gatherings from now on. I make a lot of recipes, and some become classics. This is definitely getting filed in the “MUST MAKE AGAIN AND AGAIN” folder.
The bottom line: Everybody loves a good coffee cake. And blueberries make it even better. It’s always good to have a super simple but amazingly delish recipe to share with friends and family.
SKILLET BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE (GLUTEN FREE, GRAIN FREE, AND PALEO)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 3 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted (like this OR like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
FOR COFFEE CAKE
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS super fine brand)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease an 11 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and melted fat of choice. Pour wet into dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into greased skillet, spreading it to cover bottom. Layer half of streusel mixture and half of the blueberries on top. Pour on the rest of batter and then layer remaining streusel and blueberries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and set in center. Enjoy!
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.