With just a few minutes of prep, you can come home to this fragrant, all in one, tasty Slow Cooker Coconut Curry with Chicken. Great for easy weeknight meals.
Raise your hand if you wish you used your slow cooker more? If this is you, it’s time to pull that bad boy off the shelf and put it to use. I’m serious. Your slow cooker can be your best friend in the kitchen during the cold winter months when all you want to eat is soups and stews. A best friend who cooks dinner for you. (THIS is the slow cooker I’ve used for years. THIS one is programmable and has a few more bells and whistles.)
OK… I think that I’m officially calling January “cauliflower season.” I just can’t get enough of it this year. Our weekly CSA box seems to always have it, so we have been making mashed cauliflower, roasted curried cauliflower, and cauliflower kale soup. And I’m back today with another recipe that features…. you guessed it: cauliflower!!
My goal here on the blog is help make life easier for people like you and me. Life is full and can get overly busy at times. And my life seems to revolve around the people who live in my house and what we are going to eat next. Can you relate? I get up most mornings thinking about what’s for dinner. And since I work from home, I like to prep dinner in the morning so I can be available for my family later in the day when they get home.
Now I know not all of us work from home, but with just a few minutes of prep in the morning, you can set yourself up to be walking in the door to the yummy smells of a creamy spiced sauce over tender vegetables and shredded chicken. I know this does not solve all of the problems of your busy day, but it sure makes it easier.
I love this Coconut Curry recipe because it’s really flexible:
- I used sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and peas. You can use equal amounts of any vegetable that you like.
- I used a mixture of curry power, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, pepper, and cayenne. If you don’t have all of these, you can just use 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of curry power and it will be delish.
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breast, but you can use any cuts of chicken you like. I’ve used bone-in chicken thighs and seared them first before putting them in.
- For the extra liquid, you can use bone broth, vegetable broth, or plain water. I HIGHLY recommend using a flavorful broth though.
- I usually eat this curry by itself, but you can serve over a bed of white rice or steamed greens.
- This recipes serves 6. If you have leftovers, you can easily freeze it in single portions for healthy lunches later.
Happy cauliflower season! Have a healthy and sweet rest of your day!
SLOW COOKER COCONUT CURRY WITH CHICKEN
- 2 tsp curry powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- ¼ tsp garam masala (like this)
- several grinds of black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne (optional for some spice)
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, of coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- 1 cup broth (bone broth OR vegetable broth)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp fresh grated ginger (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 pounds whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- fresh cilantro
- lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, pepper, and cayenne (if using.) Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of fat of choice and saute onions until onions are translucent and starting to brown. Add garlic and spices and cook for another 30 seconds until spices are fragrant. Turn off heat and add in coconut milk, broth, ginger and salt. Stir to combine.
- While onions cook, chop your sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Layer chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower in to slow cooker. Pour coconut milk mixture over top. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours. When cook time is done, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker. Set aside.
- Add peas to slow cooker. Then shred chicken with 2 forks and add back to slow cooker. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.