Many of our common household products are full of toxic chemicals that are bad for our long-term health and wellbeing. One product that is particularly of concern is deodorant.
Not only does this product contain harmful chemicals such as aluminum but it is applied for the majority of a person’s’ life in a sensitive area that can directly affect our sebaceous glands, lymphatic system, and in the end our immune system.
Deodorant is riddled with Toxins
Our common household deodorant is full of harmful chemicals. If you want to see for yourself grab your deodorant now and read the ingredients to see if it has any or all of these common and harmful toxins.
- Aluminum- Yes, there is metal in your deodorant. I remember my microbiology teacher in college talking about how this ingredient is a really bad idea for our long term health. In fact, there is some evidence that suggests that it may even be linked to Alzheimer’s Disease and Cancer. When you consider the fact that you have major lymph nodes right next to your armpit region it is no wonder this is a major concern.
- Propylene glycol- In other words antifreeze. So the chemical that will kill your dog and help cool your car is being placed at least once a day on your sensitive underarms. The Environmental Working Group reports that this ingredient in personal care products puts us as a risk for allergies and immunotoxicity.
- Formaldehyde- This is the same chemical they use to preserve deceased bodies after they have passed away. It kills germs and is also a known carcinogen.
- Phthalates- This chemical is also found in plastic and can mess with your hormones as an endocrine disruptor. It has also been linked to infertility in men.
- Antibacterial Substances- This goes back to the harm of having antibacterial everything in our daily lives and the very real concern about super bugs. I promise that regular soap and water are just what you need to clean your body most of the time. These substances can also weaken your immune system.
- Parabens– This chemical has been found in the biopsies of breast cancer tissue. It also has been known to create an imbalance in our hormones.
Why Do I Need an Armpit Detox?
So after knowing all of that about our deodorant it is common for people to look for an alternative such as a chemical free brand or a magnesium spray to do the job but without some help you may find that you begin to smell funny and jump ship right back to the toxic stuff in order to avoid embarrassment. This is why you need an armpit detox.
An Armpit detox will help your body pull many of the nasty chemicals out of your sweat glands, skin and underlying tissue while also leaving you smelling great and allowing the natural deodorants to do their job. See it’s not that the natural deodorants and ineffective, it is the fact that your body is trying to get rid of the nasty chemicals that you have been applying to it for probably most of your adult life.
This is also a great way to avoid a rash which can sometimes develop when you switch to a natural deodorant. Some people have even reported that they sweat less after doing this easy detox.
A simple armpit detox that you can do in less than 30 min at home can make all the difference. Every few days while you are making the switch to a natural deodorant we recommend that you take the time to gather some simple ingredients and take the time to cleanse your armpit with this recipe below.
What you will Need to Detox
All you will need to do this simple detox is water, some apple cider vinegar, and bentonite clay.
Bentonite clay is incredible once mixed with water. It will dry like a clay mask while it does its work to detox your skin both on the surface, by naturally killed bacteria, and deep within our pores which makes it perfect for the armpit.
Apple cider vinegar is also a powerful detoxing agent that will cleanse your skin right on contact. Just make sure you get an organic type that still has the “mother” such as Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar for best results.
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (until right consistency to apply)
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Do an Armpit Detox
- Add all of the ingredients into a nonmetal bowl such as glass, then take a wooden spoon and mix them together till it is creamy.
- Using a cloth or your fingers spread the mixture over your armpits evenly like you were doing a facial and let it sit for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. Start with less time and the next time you try it see if you can do it for longer. Sometimes people are a bit sensitive to the substance so you may notice a warming sensation. If it starts to hurt remove the substance immediately with water and try a different detox recipe.
- In addition to a warm sensation or a slight tingling, is that you may notice some redness of the area. This just means that blood is flowing to the area and is doing its job.
- After your time is up wash it off with warm water either with a washcloth or in the shower.
- Do this every few days or until you notice that your natural deodorant works will and is non-irritating to your skin.
Some people have reported that they don’t need the baking soda ingredient in their natural deodorants after they do this armpit detoxing procedure. If you still are noticing lumps in your armpit you may want to try dry brushing (gently) or carefully massaging the area once a day.
With any detox make sure that you are getting enough water in your day to assist with the flushing of toxins.
Sources: wellnessmama.com, bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.