Like many people, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night feeling queasy for no apparent reason. I hate getting up in the night and fumbling down the stairs to the kitchen to look for a preservative and sodium packed solution (looking at you, Saltine crackers). So when I stumbled upon this recipe for all natural Ginger Chews, I was over the moon with the healthy, vegan recipe and it’s great results.
Ginger has been used for centuries for it’s medicinal powers and full, spicy flavor. It’s common to find in many East Asian and Indian dishes, and is grown primarily in Fiji, Jamaica, Indonesia, Australia and India. It can be consumed in many forms (raw, powdered, juice, etc.) but these ginger chews, sometimes known as gin gins, will satisfy your stomach AND your taste buds.
5 Reasons You Should Really Eat More Ginger
- You’re nauseous. Ginger is great for settling a turbulent stomach, and has been used as a long-time treatment for nausea in cases of sea sickness, morning sickness, or even for chemo patients. You may have been told before that Ginger Ale can help settle a stomach due to it’s nausea-relieving ginger base. For less added sugars and chemicals, I recommend ditching the ginger soda for these tasty chews.
- You’re in pain. Not only will ginger settle an upset stomach, it can go a long way towards relieving body aches and pains. According to Medical News Today,”A study involving 74 volunteers carried out at the University of Georgia found that daily ginger supplementation reduced exercise-induced muscle pain by 25%.Ginger has also been found to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea (severe pain during a menstrual cycle). In one study, 83% of women taking ginger capsules reported improvements in pain symptoms compared to 47% of those on placebo.”
- You have inflammation. Ginger is great to use as a natural anti-inflammatory as well. One study showed that daily ginger supplements took only 30 days to reduce inflammation in the colon. This is awesome news, because it decreases the risk for colon cancer, a deadly and often hard to catch disease.
- You’re struggling with digestion. The ginger root is a good natural digestive aid as well. Thanks to the phenolic compounds in ginger, you can find relief from dry mouth, insufficient bile fluid, painful gastric contractions, and an irritated gastrointestinal system.
- You want to fight cancer cells. Those phenolic compounds in ginger root have amazing cancer-fighting properties. While you may be growing skeptical of the narrative that every vegetable has “cancer-fighting properties,” it really rings true for ginger. In fact, this Chinese study proves the positive, significant relationship between the presence of phenolic compounds and resulting antioxidants. Ginger root will help cleanse your body and keep it strong to fight off toxic cancer cells.
The Ginger Chew Recipe
The best part about these ginger chews is that they’re portable and perfect for sneaking into your pocket before heading out to sea, your flight, or your big presentation at work (I can’t be the only one who gets nauseous because of that stuff). Save yourself the regret later and try whipping up some of these ginger chews this week to absorb some cancer-fighting antioxidants and do away with your nausea for good.
10 Soft Medjool Dates
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
5 Drops Liquid Stevia
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
3 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
6-12 drops organic ginger essential oil
1 Tbsp Powdered Coconut Sugar (Optional)
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides. Keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like.
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape ginger chew dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Remove ginger chew dough from the refrigerator and roll into preferred shape.
- Place into parchment or saran wrap lined sealed tight container.
- Keep ginger chews in the freezer until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe and this keeps the chews firm.
- Enjoy your sweet ginger fix (and some health benefits too)!
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.