The human body is comprised mostly of water, and every cell, tissue, and organ requires it to do their jobs.
Staying properly hydrated is extremely important for energizing the body and necessary for losing weight.
Most chemical reactions that occur in the body require proper hydration, including metabolizing food. If you aren’t properly hydrated, your metabolism will not run as smoothly and you will have a harder time losing weight.
According to Web MD—
“being even 1% dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism.”
Drink Water to Prevent Overeating
Drinking more water can also prevent overeating. Often times, the body may feel confused about whether it’s hungry or thirsty, which can result in eating more than you need to. By drinking plenty of water before a meal, you can avoid that risk. You can also avoid this lengthy list of medical problems caused by dehydration:
Dry mouth, weakness, dizziness, fainting, heart palpitations, dry skin, headache, constipation, low blood pressure, muscle cramps, etc. According to Mercola,
“Chronic dehydration may affect your organs and lead to kidney stones, cholesterol problems, constipation, and liver, joint, and muscle damage.”
How much water should I be drinking?
Well, unsurprisingly, it depends on your weight. More mass requires more energy which requires, you guessed it, more water. To calculate how much water you need, you should
- Take your weight.
- Multiply by 67% (2/3) to calculate how many ounces of water you should drink daily. For example, if you weigh 133 lbs, you should drink around 89 ounces of water per day.
- Account for exercise. It is recommended that you add 12 oz of water to your daily intake for every 30 minutes that you’re engaging in moderate to heavy exercise.
For your convenience, here’s a water to weight ratio chart from Slender Kitchen that can help you find your magic number.
Weight / Ounces of Water Daily
100 pounds –> 67 ounces
110 pounds –> 74 ounces
120 pounds –> 80 ounces
130 pounds –> 87 ounces
140 pounds –> 94 ounces
150 pounds –> 100 ounces
160 pounds –> 107 ounces
170 pounds –> 114 ounces
180 pounds –> 121 ounces
190 pounds –> 127 ounces
200 pounds –> 134 ounces
210 pounds –> 141 ounces
220 pounds –> 148 ounces
230 pounds –> 154 ounces
240 pounds –> 161 ounces
250 pounds –> 168 ounces
Tips for Staying Hydrated
- Add it to your daily routine. Creating a habit of drinking a big glass of water in the morning and at night just before bed can automatically put you 32 oz into reaching your goal.
- Set small goals. Getting a cool reusable water-bottle is not only environmentally conscious, but also gives you the opportunity to draw markers on it to set smaller goals for yourself throughout the day, or keep track of your ounces using measurements on the bottle. I like to draw little markers on my water bottle for the time of day I should have finished that much water. Making it a game for yourself can be a great motivational tool.
- Jazz up your water! Adding lemon, berries, cucumber, etc. to your water adds flavor without adding unnecessary sugar and calories. You can slice them up and toss them in your water on the go, or if you’re feeling really fancy, there are some really cool water diffusers for sale.
Sources: Slender Kitchen, Web MD, LifeHacker, Mercola
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.