Stubborn belly fat can be extremely irritating, especially for woman in the menopause years. You can exercise daily and keep a healthy diet, but sometimes there’s still that last bit of belly fat that your body holds on to. Yoga with a healthy diet can help boost the body’s metabolism, eliminate unwanted belly fat and as well as strengthen your core.
Get that core strong and loose that belly budge with these five poses:
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
The bow posture is ideal for strengthening the core and tightening abdominal muscles. It offers a full body stretch that increases energy and promotes easy digestion.
To Preform Pose:
- Lie stomach down on the mat with your legs stretched out and your arms to your side.
- Bend the knees upward while reaching your arms back to hold your ankles or feet.
- Hold the position 15-30 seconds while breathing normally
- Exhale and return to the lying position allowing your body to rest for 15 seconds.
Repeat 5 times with rest time in between each pose
Pontoon Posture (Naukasana)
The pontoon pose focuses on the back and leg muscles which ultimately helps reduce stored fat in the waist.
To Preform Pose:
- Start in a lying position on your back with your legs stretched out and your arms down at your side.
- Inhale as you lift your legs up while stretching your toes and feet. Your legs should remain straight.
- Form a 45-degree angle with your body by reaching your arms toward your extended legs.
- Breath normally as you hold the post for 15 seconds.
- Release the pose and allow your body to rest for 15 seconds.
- Repeat the pose 5 times with a rest in between each one.
Cobra (Bhujang asana)
This posture ca strengthen the ab muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine.
To Preform pose:
- Start by lying stomach down on the mat.
- Stretch your legs away from your body as you pull your arms in under your shoulders
- Allow your toes and chin to touch the floor.
- Breathe in deep and slow as you thrust your body chest upward.
- Hold the pose for 15-30 seconds and slowly exhale.
- Rest for 15 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times with a break in between each pose.
This is an easy pose to perform. It burns belly fat while toning and strengthening the shoulders, arms, back, thighs and butt.
To Preform Pose:
- Start in a pose similar to a push-up with your arms extended under your knees and hands positioned under your shoulders and arms.
- Breathe in as you gaze ahead of your hands. Take care to keep your back and spine straight.
- Keep your hands flat and your fingers spread as you pull in your abdominal muscles.
- Remain in this position for 15-30 seconds before releasing to your knees.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with a 15-second break in between.
Warrior 1 (Veerbhadrasana 1)
Warrior one is a natural pose that gives your back a nice stretch as it strengthens your core, thighs, and buttocks. Not only does it help you reduce belly fat, but it is also a calming position that promotes clarity and peace.
- Begin in a standing position with your feet brought together and your hands to your side
- Extend your right leg forward as you extend your left leg backward similar to a lunge movement.
- Slightly turn your midsection so that you are facing your bent right knee.
- Give your body added support by slightly turning your left leg.
- Exhale and you raise your body up from your knees.
- Slowly stretch your arms upward as you bend your back to create a slight arch.
- Remain in this position for 15-30 seconds as you breathe normally
- Slowly break the pose by exhaling and straightening your right knee. Push off your right leg and allow yourself to come back gently into the original pose.
- Repeat for the opposite leg.
VIDEO: 5 Simple Yoga Exercises To Lose Belly Fat In 1 Week | Best Yoga Asanas for Losing Weight Quickly
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.