Full detox, cleanses, and juicing all help rid the body of heavy metals and other toxins. However, certain detox methods are linked to various discomforts such as sore throat, constipation, and body aches. These symptoms may also include nausea, skin rashes, and flu-like conditions.
In this article, we will give you tips on how to effectively detoxify – without resorting to juicing and cleanses. While there are no remedies more effective than proper diet and exercise, other treatments such as chelation, dry brushing, and alternative medicine may prove just as efficient.
Natural remedies to detox
- Diet – This is a no-brainer. Eating a healthy, balanced diet promotes overall health and helps keep diseases such as cancer and heart disease at bay. A diet high in fiber helps detoxify the colon and bowels and may stave off colorectal cancer. Supplementing your body with the right nutrients help eradicate toxins and metals that are otherwise detrimental to your health.
- Physical activity – Another no-brainer, exercise induces sweating that effectively flushes out unwanted toxins from the body. Working out is also beneficial for the body’s circulation and may facilitate faster detox.
- Sauna/Steam – Sweating is a good way to rid the body of unwanted toxins. Going to saunas and steam rooms open the skin’s pores, thereby excreting the toxins out of the body. This also helps relieve respiratory symptoms such as colds and bronchitis.
- Dry brushing – As the name suggests, this involves rubbing the entire body with a dry brush. This method helps eliminate dead skin and improve circulation.
- Massage – Massages help remove minute toxins and promote surface level circulation.
- Acupuncture – This alternative medicine staple helps regulate and increase energy flow in the body. The treatment may help expedite detox my promoting blood circulation in certain areas that are hard to reach such as the lower back.
- Deep breathing – Deep breathing helps the body get additional oxygen and eliminate extra carbon dioxide from the lungs. It is a well known fact that oxygen fuels the cells. You take in more fuel and the body runs more efficiently.
- Sleep – Sleep helps the body eliminate unwanted toxins and resets organs back to square one. Adequate sleep helps the brain get rid of neurotoxins, so getting eight hours of sleep a night is truly essential for the body.
- Avoiding high toxin zones – Air and water quality play a key role in the body’s chemical components. People inadvertently inhale or ingest toxins and metals by way of air and water pollution. Identifying high toxin zones and avoiding them may do your body a huge favor.
- Chelation – Big word. Chelation is a fast and effective way to rid the body of hazardous chemicals. This practice involves detoxification through an intravenous solution. However, naturopathic chelation treatment may prove just as effective as IV treatment in removing toxins.
Superfoods as natural chelation treatment
Superfoods such as citrus fruits and dark, green vegetables may help you achieve your detox goals without resorting to intravenous therapy.
Cruciferous, leafy vegetables are high in alpha lipoic acid (ALA), a natural antioxidant that captures free radicals. ALA also binds with metallic compounds such as mercury and arsenic, effectively eliminating them from the body’s circulation. Spinach, kale, and broccoli contain high levels of ALA.
Citrus fruits such as lemon, lime, and grapefruit all contain high levels of pectin in their rinds. When ingested, pectin becomes an effective detox compound capable of excreting heavy metal deposits in the body.
Chlorella is a type of green algae that when taken in powder or tablet form expedites the body’s detoxification process. Taking chlorella with cilantro, another highly-effective chelating agent, further boosts this effect.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.