Salt therapy has been around for decades, where people flock to salt caves and salt mines to inhale the purified air and heal their many ailments. However, not all people have the time to travel to these caves to enjoy the benefits of pure mineral salts.
Luckily there are other locations where unrefined mineral salts can be mined. One of these is the Himalayas, the peaks of which used to be submerged in seawater that evaporated over millennia and all of its minerals crystallized under the sun to form Himalayan salt.
Himalayan salt is totally different from the bleached and processed table salt that most people use daily; it contains 84 trace minerals, which makes it exponentially healthier than table salt that has been extensively processed, stripping it clean of its natural minerals.
If you don’t have the time or energy to visit salt caves for a dose of healthy mineral salts, you can opt to replace the table salt from your kitchen with Himalayan salt, which has the following health benefits:
- Himalayan salt aids in weight loss – Trading your shaker of table salt for Himalayan salt will help you to better digest your food, due to the nutrients in Himalayan salt that can increase the ability of our gastrointestinal tract to absorb other nutrients. Better digestion means you’ll feel less hungry, which is good news for those who are actively trying to shed off some pounds.
- Himalayan salt makes you sleep easier – Himalayan salt causes your body to produce more oxytocin – a hormone responsible for relaxing and calming your mind and body. Of course, the more relaxed you feel, the better you’ll be able to sleep.
- Himalayan salt supports heart health – Himalayan salt helps keep your blood pressure stable. While it does have a high sodium content, replacing your processed table salt with Himalayan salt will help your body process the minerals. Your system, in turn, won’t need as much water to clear out the excess sodium, which means you won’t retain as much water in your body. Remember that natural is always better than processed and the same holds true for salt.
- Himalayan salt prevents dehydration – Your body uses up a lot of the water in your system to wash off excess sodium in your body, which may lead to dehydration. If you get dehydrated enough, you can develop dizziness, headaches, constipation, and even kidney stones. The good news is that Himalayan salt is about 85 percent sodium chloride with the other 15 percent being potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as bicarbonate. These particular minerals are all electrolytes that are necessary for regulating bodily fluids. Mix some Himalayan salt with water to create a sole, a brine solution that can provide the body with electrolytes to regulate hydration, like mixing your very own sports drink.
Another great benefit you can get from mixing Himalayan salt and water is through salt and mineral baths. They are a great way to relax at the end of the day while simultaneously infusing the skin and body with moisture and minerals. Through the process of dermal absorption, your skin can soak up minerals from the water. Additionally, a warm bath infused with Himalayan salt is great for soothing cramped muscles. The trace minerals found in Himalayan salt, particularly magnesium, are absorbed through the skin, healing damaged muscle, and other soft tissues. Minerals in Himalayan salt also work to fortify bones, skin, and connective tissues that may contribute to body soreness.
Soaking up on a Himalayan salt bath is, for all intents and purposes, an excellent way to detoxify your body. When dissolved in water, Himalayan salt becomes an ionic solution that helps to draw the toxins out of your skin and body, leaving you feeling refreshed and energized to face the day’s challenges.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.