Mouthwash has been a crucial part of our oral hygiene habits for a number of years now, and in that time numerous ingredients have gone into the various brands of mouthwash lining grocery shelves. While some ingredients are relatively harmless, others aren’t. The bulk of mainstream mouthwashes are filled with unsafe chemicals and toxins that can harm your health. These include:
1. Alcohol – That tingling sensation you feel as you swish mouthwash around is often caused by this common ingredient. Alcohol is added to mouthwash to kill the bacteria in your mouth. The problem is that alcohol is too potent as an antibacterial and will destroy both the good and bad bacteria. Moreover, alcohol dries out the mucus membranes in your mouth, resulting in decreased saliva output and worse breath than before.
2. Artificial dyes – Similar to cetylpyridinium chloride, artificial dyes can stain your teeth with repeated exposure. What’s more is that the most common artificial dyes – FD&C Blue No. 1 and FD&C Green No. 3, among others – are toxic to living cells and can put an unnecessary strain on your liver.
3. Benzalkonium chloride – A mouthwash disinfectant ingredient that has since become known as an allergen. Benzalkonium chloride can irritate the skin and mucus membranes, causing side effects like difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and the swelling of the lips, mouth, and tongue.
4. Cetylpyridinium chloride – Because it contains high amounts of alcohol, taking in cetylpyridinium chloride can culminate in tongue sensitivity and irritation. The harmful effects of cetylpyridinium chloride don’t stop there. It can cause stains to develop on your teeth and leave them discolored.
5. Chlorhexidine – Like alcohol, chlorhexidine kills good bacteria. Instead of just focusing on bacteria in your mouth, however, this chemical may also lead to increased blood pressure and a greater risk of detrimental heart conditions.
6. Hexetidine – Also known as oraldene, this antibacterial and anti-fungal chemical isdangerous when taken in excess. Among the potential health effects of hexetidine are unstable heartbeats and allergic reactions.
7. Methyl salicylate – This chemical is typically used as an an antiseptic, and to add fragrance and flavor to mouthwashes. In its purest form, methyl salicylate is toxic, especially when ingested. Overdosing on methyl salicylate can prompt vomiting, convulsions, vision loss and even kidney failure. Just a tiny dose can be fatal to young children, so this is one ingredient you should avoid as much as possible.
8. Methylparaben – To extend the shelf lives of their mouthwashes, manufacturers will often include this anti-fungal chemical preservative as an ingredient. Because it’s a paraben, methylparaben is an endocrine disruptor. This means that it impedes hormonal processes and can boost the risk of developing illnesses linked to hormones, such as estrogen deficiency.
9. Triclosan – This widely used antibacterial agent can be found in a multitude of household cleaning products, mouthwash included. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), high doses of this chemical may actually lower your thyroid hormone levels.
Reducing your vulnerability to these dangerous ingredients is as simple as opting for more natural ways to keep your mouth healthy and clean. Health Ranger Select Colloidal Silver Mouthwash is one such option. There’s absolutely no alcohol, artificial dyes, or chlorhexidine in this all-natural oral care product. Every bottle is loaded with nothing less than 100 percent non-GMO, bacteria-fighting ingredients such as colloidal silver, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil. These ingredients work together to clean your mouth better than commercial mouthwashes, without any of the risks associated with their common ingredients.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.