The plants can also decrease anxiety and stress, improve mood, and get rid of airborne pollutants in your room, thus making the environment better for asthmatic patients, scientists add.
According to NASA, the following plants should serve to bring a sense of calmness and order into your sleeping area, and hopefully into your life, too.
6 plants to consider
- Areca palm – Endemic to Madagascar, the areca palm is very effective at removing airborne pollutants; thus it should be the plant of choice for people who are prone to getting colds and have sinus problems. Areca palm releases moisture into the air, making the air more breathable and causing the bedroom occupant/s to fall asleep quickly.
- Aloe vera – Because of its small size, it can be easy to keep aloe vera in the house. It is aesthetically pleasing and is deemed as one of the best plants for air purification by NASA. It releases oxygen nonstop, making it an ideal bedroom plant decoration. It also negates the air effects of benzene (which is found in plastics and detergents) and formaldehyde (found in varnishes and floor finishes) for that extra purity that your bedroom air needs.
- Boston fern – This pretty plant has been beautifying indoor landscapes since the Victorian era. It is number nine in NASA’s list of 50 air-purifying plants; as its uses extend to the removal of formaldehyde in the air.
- Spider plant – This plant is a fast grower. It can get rid of up to 90 percent of the toxins from the air in your bedroom in just two days, making it the plant of choice for people with dust allergies.
- Dwarf date palm – This houseplant is “independent” in the sense that you can forget to water it for two days and it will still be okay – it doesn’t need that much tending after. It is great at removing airborne pollutants such as xylene.
- Lady palm – Another air pollutant-remover, it can be counted on to remove ammonia, formaldehyde, toluene, and xylene from the air.
Other benefits of houseplants
People who frequent urban areas are found to spend an average of 90 percent of their time indoors; researchers from the Royal Horticultural Society are of the opinion that “bringing the outdoors inside” can offset the loss of whatever natural benefits that being outdoors have that are lost in the process of staying cooped up most of the day.
Studies show that office workers become more productive and are more energized to do their daily tasks when their work areas are filled with greenery; hospital patients are even said to have better tolerance against pain when there are plants in hospital rooms and hallways.
“Indoor plants can also elicit a number of physical health benefits, including the removal of airborne pollutants, both particulate and gaseous, which lead to better indoor air quality and associated improvements in physical health,” the Royal Horticultural Society said in an article that was published in the journal Plantsman.
Breakfast, blood sugar, & inflammation
Recent research has shown that Inflammation is responsible for 7 out of 10 Deaths in the United States. But it doesn’t have to be the same way for you.
In fact, in a fairly short amount of time, you could start to experience better sleep…less stomach issues…more energy and stamina…less muscle and joint pain…a drop in weight…lower stress levels…and much, much more!
Learn how to Prevent—Even Reverse—Most Major Diseases by “Turning Off” Inflammation!
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.