If a patient has Type 1 diabetes, their pancreas can’t produce enough insulin. If they have pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes, their body can’t use insulin efficiently.
Individuals with diabetes also have high blood sugar levels since their body can’t sufficiently move the energy they receive from food out of their bloodstream and into their cells.
Sometimes, the symptoms of diabetes can develop after several years, which may lead people to think that have common ailments instead of serious symptoms. Contrary to popular belief, diabetes doesn’t always affect older and overweight individuals who have sugar-rich diets. Even young and healthy people can develop the condition. It can also affect children, teenagers, and young adults.
The 7 common symptoms of diabetes
It’s important to detect the condition early so you can limit the risks associated with long-term complications. If you haven’t been diagnosed and you think you may have pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes, check if you have the seven symptoms listed below.
- Blurred vision – If you have high blood sugar, liquid is pulled from the tissues, which includes your eyes. This can cause blurry vision. Diabetics require frequent eye exams due to the changes in their eyesight. If you don’t address this symptom, you may suffer from long-term complications like vision loss or even blindness.
- Constant hunger – This symptom is also linked to frequent urination. When you urinate frequently, you’re also eliminating the nutrition that you absorb from food and your body will lack the fuel that it needs. You may always be hungry and sometimes you can maintain your current weight even if you eat a lot.
- Excessive thirst – Constant thirst is another symptom of diabetes and is often observed in patients along with frequent urination. When you urinate more than normal, you can become dehydrated, making you thirsty all the time.
- Frequent urination – Patients with diabetes have high blood sugar levels and their kidneys work harder to filter out the excess sugar, which their body disposes of via frequent urination.
- Numbness or tingling in the hands and feet – Untreated diabetes is also linked to nerve damage. Damage to the nerves may occur due to elevated blood sugar levels and increased fat/triglyceride levels in the bloodstream. Patients might experience this damage as peripheral neuropathy or a burning, numb, or tingling sensation in their hands and feet.
- Severe fatigue – When left untreated, diabetes can leave patients constantly and severely fatigued. Eating and drinking more won’t always help, and some patients may feel “cranky and off.”
- Wounds that heal slowly and frequent infections – Patients with untreated diabetes might have bruises or cuts that take longer to heal. Females patients usually suffer from bladder and vaginal infections. The exact reason for this symptom remains unknown, but one theory posits that “the high levels of blood sugar impair the body’s natural healing process.”
How to address diabetes
If you have several of the symptoms listed above, consult a healthcare professional immediately. Early detection can prevent pre-diabetes from developing into type 2 diabetes. Even type 2 diabetes may sometimes be put into remission.
- Consult a natural healthcare professional – Receiving a proper diagnosis is the first step to addressing diabetes. To avoid a misdiagnosis, ask for specific tests such as a blood glucose test, which can reveal your blood sugar. An A1C test can determine your average blood sugar level for the last two to three months while a C-peptide test can reveal how well your body produces insulin. (For best results, work with a naturopathic physician who can help you heal your body and change your lifestyle choices. Don’t let a pharma-funded mainstream doctor drug you with medications and call it “treatment.”)
- Exercise regularly – If you do have diabetes, you need to start an exercise regimen. Losing a bit of weight, like seven percent of your body weight, and exercising 30 minutes daily can help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by at least 58 percent. Try to add resistance training to your weekly routine since it can boost your insulin sensitivity. Resistance training is a form of exercise that boosts muscular strength and endurance. This kind of training workout involves the movement of your limbs against resistance provided by your body weight. You can also use bands, dumbbells, or weighted bars.
- Follow a healthier diet – If you eat a lot of junk food, start eating healthier. Limit your intake of saturated and trans fats, salt, and sugar. Eat more fruit, healthy fats, lean protein, non-starchy vegetables, and whole grains.
Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn’t mean the end of the world. By making several lifestyle changes, you can avoid the long-term complications associated with this condition.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.