A lot of people love pizza, a guilty pleasure that is usually full of fat, refined carbohydrates, and sodium. However, at Don Peppe pizzeria, some lucky diners had the chance to try a unique “life-prolonging” pizza.
The Pizza Pascalina was served to eager customers at the Napoli Pizza Village last June. It was a dish created using findings from a study conducted by the Naples Fondazione Pascale Institute of Tumors.
Spreading healthy foods habits… including pizza!
The research involved experts from various fields who formed an impressive network of caterers, consumers, producers, and researchers. The network worked towards one goal: Safeguarding public health by “spreading healthy food habits including eating pizza.”
The one-of-a-kind pizza served at Don Peppe could help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, along with some types of digestive system tumors like rectal cancer.
Ingredients for the life-prolonging pizza
The life-prolonging pizza served at Don Peppe was made using the following “perfect” ingredients:
- Caiazzo olives – Olives are rich in vitamin E and other potent antioxidants. They are also good for heart health, and can also help prevent cancer and osteoporosis. Additionally, olives have calcium, copper, and iron.
- Cilento extra virgin olive oil – Olive oil contains monounsaturated oleic acid, a fatty acid that has various health benefits. Extra virgin olive oil is also rich in antioxidants that have potent biological effects. It also has nutrients, like oleic acid and the antioxidant oleocanthal, that can prevent inflammation. Unlike other oils, olive oil isn’t linked to weight gain. In fact, it can even be beneficial for weight loss.
- Corbara or San Marzano tomatoes – Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin Cand other antioxidants. Vitamin C and some antioxidants can help prevent the formation of free radicals that can cause cancer. Tomatoes also have choline, fiber, and potassium that can boost heart health.
- Chili pepper – Chilies can help prevent stomach ulcers, and red hot chili peppers can eliminate bacteria. Chili peppers also have capsaicin, which can kill bacteria like Helicobacter pylori, and it can help treat inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Garlic – Low in calories, garlic is full of manganese and vitamins B6 and C. It also contains other nutrients. Garlic can also help fight infectious diseases, most of which are common causes of death among the elderly or people with weak immune systems.
- Raw friarielli campani broccoli – Raw broccoli has at least 90 percent water, seven percent carbs, and three percent protein. The cruciferous vegetable contains almost no fat.
- Wheat flour – Whole grains contain nutrients that can help lower the risks of high blood pressure and heart attack.
The power of the elements:
Discover Colloidal Silver Mouthwash with quality, natural ingredients like Sangre de Drago sap, black walnut hulls, menthol crystals and more. Zero artificial sweeteners, colors or alcohol. Learn more at the Health Ranger Storeand help support this news site.
The Napoli Pizza Village organizers reported that the Pizza Pascalina can be eaten at least twice a week since it was made using ingredients with various health benefits.
The Pizza Pascalina was also included in the Pascaliana Food Pyramid (Piramide Alimentare Pascaliana), which is based on principles of a Mediterranean diet, along with the World Cancer Research Fund cancer control recommendations. The food pyramid was also formulated using data from the latest research on diets and cancer prevention.
Lucky customers were able to try the “life-prolonging” pizza at the Napoli Pizza Village’s pavilion of Don Peppe, one of the 50 pizzerias that visited Naples last June.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.