Keeping a bottle of apple cider vinegar around your home ensures that you’ve got a handy solution for all kinds of problems. From a cure for sore throat to an all-purpose surface cleaner, apple cider vinegar has a variety of uses. It’s so useful and powerful a substance that some people have taken to dipping their toes and the rest of their bodies into it. Though it may sound odd, bathing in water infused with apple cider vinegar is actually highly beneficial.
Why you should bathe in apple cider vinegar
According to MNN.com, an apple cider vinegar bath can do wonders for your skin and scalp. Some of these include:
- Getting rid of body odor – While commercial deodorants mask the smell of your body, apple cider vinegar goes straight to the source. By reducing bacterial growth in warm and moist places, apple cider vinegar effectively neutralizes the odor when it dries.
- For better hair – Treating your hair to an apple cider vinegar rinse will remove product buildup, such as what styling gel leaves behind. In addition to naturally detangling hair and giving it a beautiful shine, apple cider vinegar has also been said to work as an effective treatment against dandruff.
- Fighting fungi and yeast – With its antibacterial and acidic properties, apple cider vinegar can take care of fungal toenail infections and vaginal yeast infections. Fungi thrive in areas with alkaline levels, thus lowering pH levels to make an area more acidic will kill off the fungi. Despite this, the water will still be mild enough to not damage your skin.
- Soothing sunburns – If you find yourself dealing with a bad case of sunburn, then an apple cider vinegar bath is just what you need to ease the discomfort. It can also help your skin heal faster.
- Relieving muscle pains – Apple cider vinegar has been used to relieve exhaustion and even leg cramps. This is all thanks to its high levels of potassium. So if you’re feeling a bit sore all over, maybe taking a dip in apple cider vinegar-infused water can help. Pregnant women can benefit from the soothing effects the bath can have on their feet.
Whether you’re grappling with an itchy, flaky scalp or smelly feet, apple cider vinegar is for you. The best part is that preparing and enjoying an apple cider vinegar bath takes little to no effort.
How to prepare an apple cider vinegar bath
- Run a warm bath and add one to two cups of apple cider vinegar while the water fills up the tub.
- Soak yourself for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse off any apple cider vinegar residue.
Although useful, MNN.com has warned that one should always exercise caution when topically applying apple cider vinegar. There has been one documented case of a chemical burn caused by this substance, so check and see first if you can handle bathing in it. You should also avoid an apple cider vinegar bath if you have open sores or cuts on your body. Furthermore, the smell of apple cider vinegar can be overwhelming to some people, so if you can’t stand it then don’t force yourself into bathing with it.
But if you have no issues with it, then go right ahead and take a dip. Even kids can enjoy an apple cider vinegar bath; just be sure to keep an eye on them while they do so.
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.