These chocolate-glazed banana bread donuts are the moistest, cakiest treats we’ve ever tried.
It all starts with a simple banana bread-esque batter, with mashed bananas, almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs to make it fluffy plus a few other quick ingredients.
These donuts are completely clean eating-friendly. They’re sweetened by the mashed, overripe bananas and just a little bit of maple syrup. Bananas also give the donuts their characteristic flavor, they’re an excellent source of potassium, fiber and manganese, and they replenish electrolytes—making these the perfect post-gym treat.
Made with gluten-free almond flour
Almond flour is gluten-free, high fiber and high protein, while coconut oil is heart-healthy thanks to its high natural saturated fat content. It’s also easily digested, not readily stored as fat and immediately energizing.
Next, we top our donuts with the easiest dark chocolate glaze ever. Simply melt together a bit of dark chocolate and coconut oil and you’ll have an endlessly smooth glaze to dip your donuts in. Eat them immediately post-dipping for melted dark chocolate goodness, or let them cool and enjoy a firmer, solidified chocolate coating.
Only takes 30 minutes!
Love Paleo breakfast recipes? Get our free breakfast recipe cookbook here!
These donuts take only 30 minutes to make (unless you count banana ripening time—sorry, we can’t help you there!). The only special equipment required is a standard donut pan and a plastic bag with the tip cut off. Note: We pipe the donuts into the pan since it’s the easiest way to uniformly fill a donut pan with minimal mess.
While they’re the perfect treats for any day of the week, these donuts are especially nice to share with your family on a weekend morning for a special breakfast. They’re best enjoyed the day they’re made, but can be stored in the fridge for up to three days.
Banana Bread Donuts Dipped in Dark Chocolate
- Two bowls
- Standing or hand mixer
- Donut pan
- Plastic baggie
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil + 2 T for glaze
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. With a hand or stand mixer, whip together mashed banana, eggs, 1/8 cup coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine almond flour and baking soda.
- Whip almond flour mixture into the wet batter until well combined. Load batter into a plastic bag and cut the tip off.
- Pipe donut batter evenly into donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Meanwhile, melt together the dark chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- When donuts are cool enough to handle, dip the tops into the chocolate glaze. Eat immediately, or allow glaze to cool and solidify—your choice!
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.