This Paleo Cauliflower Bagel recipe makes an amazing gluten-free alternative to wheat bagels. Top them with smoked salmon, sliced avocado, or chia jam. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe uses cauliflower as its main ingredient. The trick is to get rid of as much moisture from the cauliflower as possible. I’ve found that sautéing the cauliflower before mixing it with other ingredients plays a key role in reducing the moisture.
Once the cauliflower has been sautéd, mix it with coconut oil, eggs, apple cider vinegar, almond flour, tapioca starch, unsweetened shredded coconut, baking powder, and garlic powder.
Forming four baseball-sized balls with the cauliflower mixture, squeeze out as much liquid as possible to compact them. Next, place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Slightly flatten the balls and use your finger to poke a hole in the middle.
Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds on top of the bagels. Then let them bake for about 20 minutes, until they turn a gorgeous golden brown.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner
While these cauliflower bagels make for a great breakfast, they’re delicious as a light lunch (or even dinner). Try topping them with guacamole and shredded chicken, or sliced meatballs and tomato sauce!
Paleo Cauliflower Bagel Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large skillet
- Medium bowl
- 1 head small cauliflower (sliced into chunks)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 T almond flour
- 1 t tapioca starch
- 1½ t unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t garlic powder
- Black and white sesame seeds (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a blender, blend the cauliflower pieces in small batches until you get a rice-like texture (also known as “cauliflower rice”).
- In a large skillet over low heat, sauté the cauliflower rice until it’s lost almost all of its moisture, but it’s still not browned. (This process will take about 10 minutes.) To prevent the cauliflower rice from burning, continue stirring.
- Place the cooked cauliflower rice in a medium bowl. Add coconut oil, eggs, apple cider vinegar, almond flour, tapioca starch, unsweetened shredded coconut, baking powder, and garlic powder. Mix well to combine.
- Form 4 baseball-sized balls of the cauliflower mixture. Compact each ball by squeezing out as much moisture as possible. Place the balls at least 3” apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten the balls and poke a hole in the center of each ball with your finger.
- Sprinkle the tops of each bagel with black and white sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bagels are golden brown on the edges.
- Serve the bagels warm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Re-Energize your metabolism...
Absolutely original, there's nothing else like TEA BURN on the market.
Tea BURN is a brand new, fully safe and natural, proprietary, patent-pending formula. When you combine it with your favorite cup of tea, it can vastly increase energy and optimize the performance of your metabolism.
Scorch off fat from your problem areas and experience wonderful energy all day long!
Top Stories for Saturday, June 25
Announcing Tea BURN
Tea BURN is a brand new, fully safe and natural, proprietary, patent-pending formula. When you combine it with your favorite cup of tea, it can vastly increase both energy and optimize the performance of your metabolism.
And it does this while immediately increasing your energy, your health, and your overall constitution at the same time.
Absolutely original, there's nothing else like TeaBurn on the market.
Literally, tens of thousands of everyday women and men are proof that using TeaBurn will help...
Re-Energize your metabolism...
Scorch off fat from your problem areas...
Experience wonderful energy all-day long...
And an overall upgrade to your health...
It's straightforward, easy, and 100% guaranteed.
To use, just add a fast-dissolving, tasteless packet of Tea Burn to your favorite cup of tea...
Stop Snoring in 3 Minutes - Starting Tonight
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!