Looking for a sweet treat? Bite into these guilt-free copycat Cadbury cream eggs!
The classic candy we all know and love gets a Paleo makeover for a decadent, chocolate-covered treat with a creamy turmeric filling!
Coconut butter is the main ingredient in this recipe that keeps the mixture pliable. This creamy ingredient is great in keto and Paleo desserts to achieve a rich, chewy texture – especially when mixed with almond butter, like in this Cadbury egg recipe. For the “yolk,” you’ll be using anti-inflammatory turmeric and pepper. Black pepper increases the absorption of turmeric, helping your body get the most out of its antioxidant properties. Don’t worry – the black pepper is hidden in the melted chocolate, so it’s not even recognizable to the eye or palate.
How to make
To start, combine the coconut butter, almond butter, and raw honey in a small bowl. Scoop 2 tablespoons of the mixture out into a separate bowl and stir in the turmeric. Place both bowls in the freezer for five minutes to let the mixture set (this makes it easier to roll).
Next, scoop a tablespoon of the larger tan mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Gently flatten, then add ½ teaspoon of the turmeric mixture into the center. Wrap the tan mixture around the center and roll into a ball. Add an extra dab of the light mixture to completely cover the turmeric inside. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Work quickly, as the heat from your hands will cause the candy to soften!
Place the rolled eggs on a plate lined with parchment paper, and return to the freezer. While you wait, add dark chocolate chips and coconut oil over a double boiler, then remove from the heat and stir in the black pepper. Spoon the melted chocolate over each egg to completely cover, then return back to the freezer for five minutes to set.
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small bowls
- Double boiler
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 T raw honey
- ½ t turmeric
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine the coconut butter, almond butter, and raw honey in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add to a separate bowl. Stir in the turmeric. Place both bowls in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the tan mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Gently flatten, then spoon a ½ teaspoon of the turmeric mixture into the center. Wrap the tan mixture around it and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the eggs on a plate lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir in the black pepper. Remove from the heat and spoon the melted chocolate over each egg.
- Return to the freezer to set for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.