2. Here are my top 10 reasons to organize your meal plan once a week:
- No stress. You know what you will be cooking so no last minutes stress and dilemma about what’s for dinner.
- Supports healthy eating habits. When you plan your meal in advance, chances are high that you will make healthier choices and avoid fast food and take out!
- Variety. You will probably enjoy more variety in your dishes since you plan your meals. No need to resort to pasta every night because you can’t figure out what to make with what you have!
- Time saver. Spending an hour or so on Sunday night (or whenever you decide to meal plan) is worth the investment! So much time saved by planning ahead!
- Save money. You save money by shopping after your list and eating more meals at home.
- Less food waste since you plan your meals and what to cook and buy only what is needed. This is a big one as you can often plan your meals around what you already have at home!
- Always prepared. Since you know what you will be cooking you can prepare some in advance and have a quick dinner one of the other days.
- Fewer trips to the grocery stores. Does anyone actually like to hang out at grocery stores more than is necessary?
- Shop more efficiently. And your trip or trips to the grocery store should be shorter as you are armed with a list and you already know what you are going to buy!
- Supports family meal times. This is hugely important! When you’ve taken the time to plan and cook a meal, serving it to your family at the dinner table and sharing a moment together is invaluable.
—> NEXT: How To Make Sure Your Meal Plan Works