Be prepared this flu season with a strong immune system. Here are 6 Natural Ways To Protect Your Family From The Flu.
We are having an awful season this year and watching the news makes parents worry about their children catching this deadly virus.
How can you protect your family from the flu? Some people get a flu shot but that is no guarantee. You can still get the flu even if you get the vaccine. Flu shot or no flu shot, you have to be prepared.
Boosting the immune system is the best way to protect your family from the flu.
We are not even at the peak of this year’s flu season so it is important to still be careful and protect ourselves. Flu season could last until May!
After years of looking for natural remedies for my son, I have a pretty good idea of what I should do to keep my family strong and ready. This is why I am sharing with all of you this 6 Natural Ways To Protect Your Family From The Flu post.
I know we can still catch the influenza virus, but at least I know our bodies are prepared and stronger to be able to fight it. The stronger your immune system, the less effects the flu will have on you, and the faster it will go away.
6 Natural Ways To Protect Your Family From The Flu
1. Coconut Water.- Coconut water has antiviral properties. It is also a great source of electrolytes (SOURCE). If your kids don’t like the taste of plain coconut water (my son doesn’t), then make smoothies and use it as your liquid base. Check our my smoothie tutorial for ideas. I make them every morning and my kids love their coconut water breakfast smoothie. Drink lots of coconut water!
2. Elderberry.- Eldelberry or its botanical name Sambucus, is a unique American fruit that can help treat conjunctivitis, cold and flu symptoms, reduce congestion, and is also used for detoxification. If the fruit is not available fresh or frozen at your local store, you can buy Elderberry Syrup online. Elderberries contain lots of flavonoids and free radical-scouring antioxidants. A study from the University of Maryland suggested that using a standardized elderberry extract could shorten the duration of flu by about 3 days.
3. Probiotics.- They are good live bacteria and yeasts. Probiotics beneficial to the body and an integral part of our immune system. When the biodiversity of these beneficial organisms is in balance, they help with digestion, nutrient absorption, and form the front line of our immune defense. A good probiotic is essential. I buy Garden of Life RAW Organic Probioticsfor my two kids and mix the powder in their morning smoothies.
4. Healthy diet.- It makes sense that we need to pay special attention to our diets during this time. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and limited amounts of sugar. Sugar weakens the immune system so try to stay away as much as possible from sweets. I like to make stews and meals that incorporate healthy ingredients. If you have picky eaters, try my Cauliflower Alfredo or broccoli cauliflower nuggets recipes. Real food is the best medicine!
5. Detox Baths.- One of my favorite natural remedies and a great way to boost your family’s immune system. Take a detox bath once a week for optimal results. Learn 5 Amazing Healthy Reasons Why Your Children Need Detox Baths. Magnesium is a wonderful mineral that strengths the immune system. It will also help your kids relax, get rid of toxins, and sleep well. You just need Epsom salt and baking soda. Check out my Detox Bath For Kids post for instructions and full details. You can also make the bath a lot more fun with detox bath bombs.
6. Multivitamin.- A natural multivitamin is extremely important for your children’s health. I buy Natural Vitality Kids Calm. It contains bioavailable calcium, vitamins, trace minerals, and plant-sourced amino acids from quinoa. It’s a lovingly-crafted formula designed to provide the best nutrition for our kids. It comes in a liquid form so you can add it to smoothies or any other liquids.
And that is what I am doing to try to stay away from all those nasty viruses. We are also paying close attention to our personal hygiene and washing our hands all the time. Protect your family from the flu by keeping your home extra clean.
I really hope this post helps your family stay healthy this flu season!
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.