2. How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cut them all the same size.- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes all about the same size. This will help them cook evenly. I recommend cutting them thick because you will be baking them in high heat.
- Soak them in water.- After you are done cutting your sweet potato fries, place them in a big bowl with water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Coat them with just a little bit of oil.- A couple of teaspoons will be enough for an entire tray of sweet potato fries to be baked. Even when baking, you need a little oil for great results. I recommend using ghee, red palm, or coconut oil. After soaking in water, drain and coat using your hands.
- Turn on the heat.- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. After trying many times, I found my perfect temperature to be 425. Your sweet potatoes will come out crunchy and perfect if you bake at a higher temperature.
- Season them after baking.- I found that seasoning them before baking makes them very dry. Just bake them first and season when they are ready! You can use salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder or any other spice you like.
—> NEXT: The Recipe for Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries