Sometimes it’s the simple things that add up to make the biggest difference.
Most the tips in this WikiHow article are things that WMHB readers can start doing today. It’s a matter of paying attention and knowing what works. If we all take this to heart and then start spreading the word among family friends we’ll begin to see real change!
Want to help save the environment? Taking steps to conserve and reuse is easier than you might think. You can do your part to help save the environment by conserving energy, water, and gas; recycling; and nurturing the outdoors.
- Put timers on lamps that will turn off lamps at the same time on a daily basis. Timers like these can be found in hardware stores and they can be plugged into your lamp.
- Make it a routine to shut off lights and electrical appliances whenever you leave a room.
- If it will be at least 36 hours before you use it again, unplug it.
- Turn lots of things off with a power strip. You can plug all your appliances in one area — say, your computer — into a power strip. Then when you’re done using all appliances, simply turn the power strip off at the switch.
- Many electric companies offer power from renewable sources (sometimes at a slightly higher fee). Another option is to rent solar panels, as these are becoming increasingly expensive. Contact your local energy provider for more information.
- Encourage your congressional representatives to support environmental issues and renewable energy.
Thanks WikiHow! Click below to read the entire article and please SHARE…