This recipe is so easy and the muffins are delicious. No one will even know how healthy they are (unless you tell them!).
Plus, your house will smell amazing when your cooking them!
Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 400F. Make several holes in the skin of the sweet potato using a skewer, and place it on a baking tray.
Cook for an hour. When cool, cut the sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them in a large bowl.
Add flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add them to the previous mixture.
Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil, pour the batter evenly, and cook for about half an hour.
Scroll down for more great recipes!
Scrumptious Baked Zucchini Tots Recipe
Cooking Time: 16 to 18 minutes
Serving Size: 6
- Dr. Mercola’s coconut oil
- 1 cup of organic grated zucchini
- 1 large free range egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 medium onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup raw cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch or coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Dr. Mercola’s Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
Place grated zucchini into a clean dish towel and wring all of the excess water out.
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Bake until golden.
Coconut Flour Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Total time:45 MINS
Cook Time:30 mins
Prep Time:15 mins
Serves:6 large cookies
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 large egg
1 t cinnamon
1 t baking powder
1 t vanilla extract
1/4 t sea salt
Preheat oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, add coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir together, and break up any lumps.
In a large bowl, combine egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
Stir dry ingredients into wet. Pour in melted coconut oil, and stir to combine. Then stir in cranberries.
Use hands to form dough into the shape of cookies, about 1/4” thick. Place onto cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes. Allow cookies to cool.
The Best Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe You’ve Ever Tasted
- 2 heads organic cauliflower
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 cups shredded raw parmesan (they sell this at Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (where to buy)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt (where to buy)
Chop cauliflower heads into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice.
Spread it evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 425 until it becomes fragrant (about 10 minutes)
11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:
Did you know that one of the best times to stretch is right before bed? However…
What stretches should you do? Here’s a 1-minute stretch routine you can do before bed...
Lisa, Yoga Coach
eatlocalgrown / wisemindhealthybody
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!
Did you know that your bodyfat can become "calorie-resistant"?
True. And it's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
However, there's good news- Calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive. It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know. Read more to find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
To your health!
PS - Studies show that it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat. This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
Over the past year, my friend Dave over at PaleoHacks has been working on a super secret cookbook project with our good friend Peter Servold a Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because they only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.