If you’re not active on a regular basis, your glutes have a tendency to atrophy, which can, basically, make you butt sore (sorry, I had to!)
But all joking aside- Neglecting these muscles is a big mistake.
They play a very important role in supporting your spine, stabilizing your pelvis and helping out with strengthening your legs.
Building your glutes also improves your posture which not only makes you look better but is also a key to preventing injuries down the road.
The exercises outlined in this article are some of the most effective for building up the gluteus minimus, gluteus medius, and gluteus maximus.
So get off you gluteus maximus and (literally) get your butt in shape with these 4 awesome exercises:
1. Squat Pulse
- Stand up with your legs at hip’s width apart with your toes turned outward and your arms straight out in front of you.
- Squat down, keeping your glutes and abs tight. Make sure to keep your knees in line with your toes and your back straight.
- Stay in this position and raise and lower your butt slightly as if you were bouncing.
- Bounce 15 times and return to your starting position.
- Repeat this movement in 3 sets of 15 repetitions. Use dumbbells to get a deeper stretch.
2. Donkey Kicks
- Start on the ground on your hands and knees at shoulder’s and hip’s width.
- Keep your abs and glutes tight and raise your right heel towards to the ceiling so that your foot is directly above your butt. Make sure to keep your thigh no higher than your torso to avoid injuring your spine.
- Hold the position and slowly return your knee towards the ground without touching it.
- Repeat 15 times on each leg and perform 3 sets. You can also boost your workout by strapping on ankle weights.
3. Fire Hydrant
- Start in the same position as the donkey kick but open your right leg towards the side, opening your hips and keeping your right thigh parallel to the floor.
- Resist the urge to touch your knee to the floor as you bring your knee back to its original position.
- Repeat the movement 15 times on each leg and perform 3 sets.
- Stand up straight with legs at hip’s width apart.
- Step forward with your right and bend your knee at a 90° and hold for 5 seconds.
- Go back to your original position and change legs.
- Do 10-20 reps in 3 sets.
- To increase intensity, use light dumbbells and build up your strength.
Re-Energize your metabolism...
Absolutely original, there's nothing else like TEA BURN on the market.
Tea BURN is a brand new, fully safe and natural, proprietary, patent-pending formula. When you combine it with your favorite cup of tea, it can vastly increase energy and optimize the performance of your metabolism.
Scorch off fat from your problem areas and experience wonderful energy all day long!
Top Stories for Sunday, May 22
Announcing Tea BURN
Tea BURN is a brand new, fully safe and natural, proprietary, patent-pending formula. When you combine it with your favorite cup of tea, it can vastly increase both energy and optimize the performance of your metabolism.
And it does this while immediately increasing your energy, your health, and your overall constitution at the same time.
Absolutely original, there's nothing else like TeaBurn on the market.
Literally, tens of thousands of everyday women and men are proof that using TeaBurn will help...
Re-Energize your metabolism...
Scorch off fat from your problem areas...
Experience wonderful energy all-day long...
And an overall upgrade to your health...
It's straightforward, easy, and 100% guaranteed.
To use, just add a fast-dissolving, tasteless packet of Tea Burn to your favorite cup of tea...
Stop Snoring in 3 Minutes - Starting Tonight
...easy, 3-minute exercise that completely cured his horrendous snoring! We can both finally sleep!
Today is a good day. Tonight will be even better. Why?
Because you're about to learn easy throat exercises that cure (not just treated) your stubborn snoring – in 3 minutes – starting TONIGHT!
...even if straps, sprays and even torturing CPAP masks have failed you in the past.
Most people heal their snoring in just a few minutes per day using these powerful throat exercises. And they're so easy, you can do them, regardless of your age or physical shape.
Use them anytime, anywhere... even while stuck in traffic or watching TV.
Plus the results are permanent!