You may well know the many well-documented benefits of avocados in your diet, but did you know that the seeds are even better? It’s true: Avocado seeds are even richer in antioxidants than the fleshy fruit, and we’re here to tell you all about it.
More antioxidants than most fruits & veggies
5 Reasons to eat avocado seeds
1. Kills Cancer Cells: 70% of the antioxidants in avocados are found in the seeds. The seeds contain flavonol, a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent and reduce tumor growth. A 2013 study published in Pharmaceutical Biology found avocado extract from the flesh caused leukemia cells to self-destruct. In a more recent study published in the peer-reviewed journal Cancer Research, researchers discovered that a compound found in avocado seed extract called avocatin B was effective against acute myeloid leukemia cells. In total, study researchers tested 800 natural health products against the human acute myeloid leukemia cells.
2. Strengthens The Immune System: Avocado seeds contain procyanidins and catechins. They have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce stiffness, swelling, joint pain and diseases. Flavonol in avocado also boosts the immune system and help protects from cold and flu.
3. Heals Digestive Issues: For centuries, avocado seeds have been used in South America to treat gastrointestinal tract issues, including gastric ulcers, constipation, and diarrhea. These anti-inflammatory seeds contain more soluble fibers than most other foods on our planet!
4. Protects Heart Health: Avocados are an excellent source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and thanks to their amino acid and dietary fiber content, the seeds can help lower cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular issues such as the formation of plaque, which can lead to strokes and heart attack
5. Live Longer, Feel Better: The seeds don’t just help you look younger, they help you feel younger too. Compounds in avocado seeds have the ability to reduce bone disease, joint discomfort, and aches and pains. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals that cause illness and premature aging. Avocados and their seeds, actually slow down the aging process because of their ability to synthesize collagen. Avocado seeds can lower blood glucose levels and help you maintain a healthy weight. Due to its high content of good fats, you will stay satiated for longer, meaning you won’t be munching on snacks all day long.
How to eat the seed
Check out the video below:
Now you can use your avocado powder in any number of ways. Sprinkle the powder into your juices, smoothies, oatmeals, soups, salads and in just about any meals. Or simply put half a teaspoon of the powder into a cup, pour hot water, and make a tea infusion. Let steep for about 10 minutes.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, our friend Dr. Joseph Mercola (of Mercola.com) has been working on a brand new book that directly addresses three major issues: Combating Cancer, Boosting Brain Power, and Increasing Your Energy...
Well, this new incredible book is almost available! In fact it comes out in just a few weeks and we've got a special offer when you place a pre-order:
Dr. Mercola is giving away six FREE “thank-you” gifts!
That's right -- as a special promotion, get six great gifts at NO COST when you place an order for the new book! No tricks, no shipping fees- just great information that will help you stay healthy and drop some unwanted weight with Dr Mercola's expert advice (he's been featured on CNN, Dr. Oz, Time Magazine, Forbes and many more!)
Don’t wait another minute… Pre-order your copy of Fat for Fuel and claim your free gifts right now by clicking on the link below:
Do You Still Have Perfect Vision? Or Have Trouble Reading or Writing? Or Has Merely Recognizing Someone's Face Become Difficult for You?
Traditional practices dictate that you wear glasses or contact lenses to improve your vision and get through every single day. For adults and children, I wouldn't advise using these vision correction aids because they often do more harm than good!
We've been doing a lot research on eyesight- and we found some information that will probably surprise you:
- Why eyeglasses WORSEN -- rather than improve -- vision
- Why children don't need eyeglasses
- 9 reasons why you should avoid wearing contact lenses
- The dangers of contact lens solutions and cleansers
- Why regularly wearing sunglasses may worsen your eyesight
Click below to learn more now:
Have you ever struggled with maintaining good health or normal weight?
Here's what you'll learn in this book:
- Exercise and how it can complement your diet
- Sleep and how it does wonders for wellness
- Your emotional health and how to deal with stress
- The power of sunlight and how it affects your immune system
- Vaccinations and what you should know before you decide to get them
- Personal care products and their hidden dangers
This Simple Health Guide Can Dramatically Change Your Life
You have many available options when searching for a turmeric/curcumin supplement.
Don't make the mistake many could be making by just selecting the cheapest formula without scrutinizing what's in it (and what's not).
That's why Dr. Mercola's research team helped create a fantastic curcumin formula we believe exceeds all of our stringent selection criteria.
- Utilizes advanced technology to enhance bioavailability – Only a couple percent of curcumin is typically absorbed. Curcumin Advanced uses sustained-release technology and a self-emulsifying system to ensure the curcumin is highly bioavailable.
- Is sourced from raw turmeric material containing at least 95% curcuminoids
- Delivers three curcuminoids found in turmeric – Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid (active ingredient) in turmeric. But there are also two more, demethylated curcuminoids (demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin)
- Avoids unnecessary fillers, additives, and risky excipients – It makes little sense to have questionable, unnecessary ingredients in the formula.
Curcumin Advanced can only be purchased right from Mercola.com, directly on the site and nowhere else.
Order Curcumin Advanced today to start taking advantage of everything that this extraordinary spice has to offer.